• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action 1 Rocket Copy & Tec 27 CGC 4.5
6 6

185 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2021 at 5:55 PM, Chicago Boy said:

The fact that the Rocket copy is an original owner and they have a picture of the rocket stamp and box in its original form is just plain awesome

Is this the proof that this is an original owner copy ? A picture of a rocket stamp and  a box? I am the most skeptical S.O.B. when it comes to the marketing gimmicks and promotional tales in this hobby. I have been around long enough to not put it past somebody to stamp this Action 1 a few weeks ago and ordain it the "Rocket Copy". All I know is that if I was a young lad in the 1930s-40s with that Rocket stamp, I would have stamped it ten times until Tuesday. Consider me jaded but that is where I stand.

On 12/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, Peter G said:

Is this the proof that this is an original owner copy ? A picture of a rocket stamp and  a box? I am the most skeptical S.O.B. when it comes to the marketing gimmicks and promotional tales in this hobby. I have been around long enough to not put it past somebody to stamp this Action 1 a few weeks ago and ordain it the "Rocket Copy". All I know is that if I was a young lad in the 1930s-40s with that Rocket stamp, I would have stamped it ten times until Tuesday. Consider me jaded but that is where I stand.

"Believe it or Not....." (sorry, had to go there )

Why would anyone think putting a big ugly stamp on a nice Action 1 would ever be considered a marketung plus?  It’s an ugly stain on the cover that has no significance.  I know some collectors like a story attached to a copy, and dealer have embellished the stories nw and then,  but a big ugly rocket stamp added?  And only on the most valuable book?  Nah. 

On 12/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, Terry JSA said:

I’m surprised It already broke $1M as the 2022 January 13 - 16 Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction just went live today. 

Yes, isn't it simply amazing how fast the thrill bidders are hitting that big BID button nowadays.  :takeit:

On 12/22/2021 at 3:52 PM, Aman619 said:

Why would anyone think putting a big ugly stamp on a nice Action 1 would ever be considered a marketung plus?  It’s an ugly stain on the cover that has no significance.  I know some collectors like a story attached to a copy, and dealer have embellished the stories nw and then,  but a big ugly rocket stamp added?  And only on the most valuable book?  Nah. 

On 12/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, The Black Hand ® said:

The rocket is a blemish.  call to the big boys who want to win the rocket space war!!!  :acclaim: 

On 12/22/2021 at 4:19 PM, Peter G said:

I agree. But I can also see suckers buying into the Rocket provenance and believing.

I strongly believe that neither Bezos nor Musk would like the fact that you are calling each of them "suckers".  (tsk)  :slapfight:  

Not sure if anyone said this and I'm to lazy to look right now but the very first panel in Action 1 shows a "hastily devised space ship" in which baby Superman came to Earth in that looks very much like the "Rocket" stamp on this Action 1. Same color even. I'd say the kid knew exactly what he was doing.

It's not a rocket, it's a spaceship.lf.thumb.jpg.0f9e41c3deaf56e34d7159cbee223b08.jpg

Edited by Professor K
pictures added

On 12/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, Peter G said:

That's exactly what I plan on doing with my collection when I sell.  I was going to draw all over them with markers so that people will pay more.  

On 12/22/2021 at 10:18 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

AC1 will set a new world record for the most expensive comic ever sold it will surpass AF15 CGC 9.6 in my opinion. It is already near 2$ million. Will pass 5$ million is my guess.

That is a BOLD prediction IMO ----hope it comes true though.  I have it right around 3 Million

On 12/23/2021 at 4:08 AM, buttock said:

That's exactly what I plan on doing with my collection when I sell.  I was going to draw all over them with markers so that people will pay more.  

Make sure you judiciously color over and cover up all of the parts that have color touch on the books when you do this.  :preach:  lol

On 12/24/2021 at 2:32 AM, Gotham Kid said:

If you can't afford the Rocket copy, here's a more "accessible" one

act1.15219a.jpg

Thats just incredible. I don't know how they do that but it's an art. The corners, the edges, without trimming it. I don't know how they do it. I've never seen the Church copy but I'd love to. And I would love to see what this book looked like prior to restoration. 

Original staples?

Grader Notes
Color touch (Archival material, high quality over 4"" x 4"") Cover A-5
Color touch (Archival material, high quality over 4"" x 4"") Full Bottom Interior A-5
Color touch (Archival material, high quality over 4"" x 4"") Full Right Interior A-5
Color touch (Archival material, high quality over 4"" x 4"") Full Top Interior A-5
Cover cleaning (High quality) A-1
Interior lightening (High quality) A-1
Moderate Spine split sealed to interior (Archival material, high quality) A-1
Piece fill cover (Archival material, high quality over 2"" x 2"") Full Bottom Back Cover A-5
Piece fill cover (Archival material, high quality over 2"" x 2"") Full Left Back Cover A-5
Piece fill cover (Archival material, high quality over 2"" x 2"") Full Top Back Cover A-5
Piece fill cover (Archival material, high quality up to 1"" x 1"") Right Bottom Front Cover A-3
Piece fill cover (Archival material, high quality up to 1"" x 1"") Spine A-3
Piece fill interior (Archival material, high quality over 2"" x 2"") Full Bottom Interior A-5
Piece fill interior (Archival material, high quality over 2"" x 2"") Full Right Interior A-5
Piece fill interior (Archival material, high quality over 2"" x 2"") Full Top Interior A-5
Reinforcement to interior (Archival material, high quality) Spine A-1
butterfly flared corner back cover
butterfly flared corner front cover
gloss smudging full center of back cover