• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question re: Premium Membership expiration
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I sent some comics in to be graded a few months ago and in the meantime, my premium membership is coming up for renewal. One of the benefits of my membership fee is a $150 credit towards grading.

If I fail to renew my membership while the books are still in your hands, does this mean I lose the $150 credit that I got for the premium membership? 

If I renew my membership, I get another $150 in credit. Does this mean that if I renew, I'll have $150 (for the first year's membership) plus $150 (for the renewal) to apply toward the grading fees that I'll be paying on the books I sent a few months ago?

Thank you for the clarification.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  The $150 membership credit will expire when your membership does.  Any leftover credit not used by your expiration date does not carry over to the next year.  If you renew at the Premium level, you will receive a new $150 but any remaining from the previous year would just be lost.  

Thank you!

Thank you for the answer. Ugh, that is very disappointing. I mailed my books in four months before my membership was due to expire. It would be so much better if you applied the credit when someone fills in the submission form rather than wait until it was time to bill; your lead times are getting to the point where you won't be able to honor the first year's credit at all. I am a new member and this was my first submission, so basically my first year's membership was a waste.

I was very confused to not see the credit immediately applied when I submitted the books. 

• Administrator

Your credit would still be applied as long as your order was received before your membership expired.  You just can't carry any unused membership over to your next year's membership for a new order but it would still be applied to any existing orders that were received before your membership had expired. 

Thank you!