• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody noticing any toy shortages?
2 2

51 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2021 at 9:46 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Ok trying to find reset hole in the back....

Also the bottom of that cauldron is not liquid.. it's lies.... 

dang

On 12/24/2021 at 12:48 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

Yep went to another store and the Lego stuff is all gone.

20211224_121214.jpg

Someone didn't LEGO the Lego doh!

:sorry:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/24/2021 at 5:38 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:
On 12/24/2021 at 12:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Someone didn't LEGO the Lego doh!

:sorry:

The pandemic brings out the constructive minds in us all

IMG_6079404025574.jpeg.9a9c0e65b6e32386f278593de8eb842c.jpeg

Target in San Francisco now closes at 6pm.  Apparently this was a measure put in place due to a rise in theft, or so they claim.  So anyone that works during the week has a hard time getting there before they close.  When you do get there, and shop in Electronics for example, there is one salesperson serving the entire area.  There's so real system, so either you find that person or you don't.  They are usually lost in the aisles trying to help someone get something out of a case.   

Bottom line, Target is a joke.  It's a joke when it's not the Holidays, and it's worse now.

On 12/24/2021 at 10:31 PM, atomised said:

Target in San Francisco now closes at 6pm.  Apparently this was a measure put in place due to a rise in theft, or so they claim.  So anyone that works during the week has a hard time getting there before they close.  When you do get there, and shop in Electronics for example, there is one salesperson serving the entire area.  There's so real system, so either you find that person or you don't.  They are usually lost in the aisles trying to help someone get something out of a case.   

Bottom line, Target is a joke.  It's a joke when it's not the Holidays, and it's worse now.

Many stores here on Long Island also reduced their hours.  It has more to do with being unable to cover the shifts, decline in consumers shopping at a brick and mortar among other reasons rather than the pandemic or crime. 

I do not doubt that the level of crime that people report actually exists.

I will say this though, due to the citizen app, everyone being a photojournalist with their phone, and social media, we are more exposed to the crime that already existed at any level.  Again, I do not doubt that there is an increase in crime.  However, I think we are more sensitive to it because we are more aware of it due to access. 

Let's see...

I have the citizen app, ring doorbell alerts, FB, IG and Nextdoor.  I get alerts on my phone every time a box truck hits the overpass on the Southern State parkway (no trucks allowed).   Imagine the alerts I receive when a package is stolen off someone's doorstep or when someone robbed Ralph's Italian Ice.

Years ago, when I was in college I worked in the mall.  The people leaving the movie theater were robbed at gunpoint.  When the first x-box was released, people were robbed standing outside Circuit City.  These things were quietly handled or only spoken about.  Can't report on crime because if you do, then the property values go down and then that leads to all sorts of other problems.

I have seen closed circuit tv footage of the amount of theft that went on at the department store we all worked at in the 90's.  On the same footage are my friends tackling and beating the bejeezus out of shoplifters as they tried walking out with TV's, appliances, lawn mowers and other items. 

Why did they all get away with it?  There were no cell phones let alone phones equipped with cameras.

BTW... Asset protection friends eventually became NYPD and they are all now retired. 

When I see them later this week I will bring up the video and reminisce.  It's no longer in my possession but the best part was that the security footage was set to a soundtrack with the Beastie Boys, "Rhymin and Stealin' " opening the whole thing up. 

Crime may have increased but you are all more sensitive to crime in general due to accessibility.   It has always existed at a level that is more than you might have suspected but perhaps you never knew about it.