• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quickie question on the Promise Collection
2 2

5 posts in this topic

So I don't get a chance to follow the boards too much and sporadically read through when the thread when the Promise Collection Pedigree was first announced.  I also don't scan HA as much as i used to but did look through their current weekly auction.  I noticed several Promise books with the new label and the Promise Collection label note centered under the issue title like I have seen but I saw a few with a blue label and the label note off the the right side.  Is that just a labeling error or is there is a distinction of some kind?  

Sorry if this is Titanic (old news).

Here is an example

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/fox-giants-everybody-s-comics-1-the-promise-collection-pedigree-fox-features-syndicate-1944-cgc-fn-vf-70-cream-to-off-wh/a/122152-17429.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515-new#

promise.thumb.jpg.17e14ab9f8008edf53077feab3347260.jpg

On 12/21/2021 at 7:38 AM, Funnybooks said:

Book is in an over-sized magazine holder case. This is how the labels appear in these slabs.

I knew it was in a mag holder (which I hate but understand why) but I had assumed the label IDing wouldn't be impacted.  I had no idea but I can say that about almost anything anymore :p

Thanks as always. 

On 12/21/2021 at 8:53 AM, telerites said:

I knew it was in a mag holder (which I hate but understand why) but I had assumed the label IDing wouldn't be impacted.  I had no idea but I can say that about almost anything anymore :p

Thanks as always. 

I believe this was discussed in another previous thread...something to the effect that the printer for the magazine sized labels gets cut off at the bottom 1/3. In order to fit the barcode, everything else gets re-arranged.