• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you guys grade strategy guides?
2 2

25 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/22/2021 at 3:32 AM, franmotard said:

I got a few pokemon strategy guides, that would love to grade them, but not sure if you do it and if so in which cattegory that applies. For example im refereing to the kinds of pokemon trainer guide yellow of nintendo power

Hello

I would need to know the exact dimensions.  Height, width and thickness.  

Mike

On 12/23/2021 at 3:15 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

Mike

Hello Mike thanks for your response!

The size varies depending on the strategy guide, but it would be around 11in x 8,5in x 0,27 in

As I said, that would be a particular one, height and width are all very similar to that, and thickness is probably from 0,27 in to 0,5 in the max I would say.

Thank you

• Administrator
On 12/28/2021 at 3:33 AM, franmotard said:

Hello Mike thanks for your response!

The size varies depending on the strategy guide, but it would be around 11in x 8,5in x 0,27 in

As I said, that would be a particular one, height and width are all very similar to that, and thickness is probably from 0,27 in to 0,5 in the max I would say.

Thank you

This should fit into a holder just fine.  

• Administrator
On 12/29/2021 at 4:06 AM, franmotard said:

Perfect! So, in what category should send them for grading? SShould I add any note to the order or something? Thank you!!

Because of the size, I would submit is as a magazine.  It wouldn't hurt to put a note saying you got prior approval that this could be graded on the packing slip.

On 12/29/2021 at 3:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

Because of the size, I would submit is as a magazine.  It wouldn't hurt to put a note saying you got prior approval that this could be graded on the packing slip.

Perfect, will do so thank you very much!

On 12/23/2021 at 8:15 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

Mike

Is this a change in policy? 7 or 8 years ago I sent in some gaming instruction manuals to be signed and graded as part of a Signature Series event.  CGC originally said they would be returned ungraded, but after some back and forth due to them originally stating they would be accepted for the signing, they agreed to encapsulate them but would not assign a grade.  The explanation I was given was that they were not a magazine or comic and therefore would not be graded.

• Administrator
On 12/29/2021 at 11:03 AM, Gsims718 said:

Is this a change in policy? 7 or 8 years ago I sent in some gaming instruction manuals to be signed and graded as part of a Signature Series event.  CGC originally said they would be returned ungraded, but after some back and forth due to them originally stating they would be accepted for the signing, they agreed to encapsulate them but would not assign a grade.  The explanation I was given was that they were not a magazine or comic and therefore would not be graded.

I believe the answer to your question is yes.  I have spoken to multiple people about this, and nobody mentioned they would not assign a grade.  With that said, I think it is best to check with us first if you have an item you want graded but, is not on the list of items we grade.  

On 12/29/2021 at 11:05 AM, CGC Mike said:

I believe the answer to your question is yes.  I have spoken to multiple people about this, and nobody mentioned they would not assign a grade.  With that said, I think it is best to check with us first if you have an item you want graded but, is not on the list of items we grade.  

Could I return these to have a grade assigned to them and keep the yellow label?

On 12/29/2021 at 10:55 AM, franmotard said:

Perfect, will do so thank you very much!

hey there! Just to pile on top, they absolutely grade strategy guides, i have a few pokemon and final fantasy guides graded myself!

• Administrator
On 12/29/2021 at 1:17 PM, Gsims718 said:

Could I return these to have a grade assigned to them and keep the yellow label?

The graders are still not going to assign an item like this a grade because it's not a comic or magazine.  Sorry.  

On 12/29/2021 at 9:54 PM, Zeig said:

hey there! Just to pile on top, they absolutely grade strategy guides, i have a few pokemon and final fantasy guides graded myself!

Nice! Could you please tell me what type of submission you did, and if you add an extra note? Also, if you could share a picture of your pokemon graded guides to see how they look would be awesome :D

On 12/29/2021 at 6:59 PM, CGC Mike said:

The graders are still not going to assign an item like this a grade because it's not a comic or magazine.  Sorry.  

But they will assign a grade to a strategy guide, even though it isnt a comic or magazine?

On 12/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, Gsims718 said:

But they will assign a grade to a strategy guide, even though it isnt a comic or magazine?

I think  strategy guide can be considered as  magazine? Most of them are released by magazines as a "special edition"