• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2022 collecting goals?
8 8

177 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2021 at 2:49 PM, Math Teacher said:

Adventure Comics #247 - It will have to be 2.0 or lower.
Upgrade Avengers #4 to 6.0 from 2.5.
Obtain Brave and the Bold #35 and #36 in 7.0 or higher.
Upgrade Fantastic Four #15 5.0 - 5.5 from a good raw.
Obtain Flash #121 and #130 in 7.5 or higher.
Obtain Strange Tales #114 in 4.5 - 6.0
Obtain Tales of Suspense #49 in 5.0 - 7.0.

Let me know when/if you want to move that Avengers 4 ;)

Sell 100K worth of stuff and buy about 25K of a very select few books, if they are reasonable. This year, I doubt I won 3% of the stuff I bid on.  In the past, if I didn't get my A list stuff, I'd spend some on Plan B or C. Hopefully there is no Plan B this year.

Most peoples goals are to buy less it seems, but mine is actually to spend a little more :nyah: but still modest aspirations compared to a lot of boardie's usual investments :)

ASM #298 to complete my run of McFarlane Spidey keys

Batman 357 or 366 etc to add a nice Don Newton pencilled Batman key to my PC

Swamp Thing 37 to complete my run of Alan Moore swamp thing keys. Probably too much to get approval from the missus. In a similar vein New Mutants #98 :(

This is a cheap one. It's just a matter of finding it on the hunt as I don't want to pay postage for it. Justice League America #33 (1989) to complete my Adam Hughes' Justice League run. 

There's also a couple of Alan Davis Excalibur's in the 40s I'm missing. 

The Miller Wolverine & the Zeck Punisher minis would be cool too. That's enough for now

Getting back into collecting a couple of years back I realized the reason I stopped buying certain titles as a kid was due to an artist I liked leaving, rather than laziness. For a while I considered being a numeric completion-ist collector. Getting every issue from 1-50 for example. But when I actually picked up a couple of the gap issues and read them, even decades later, I still couldn't handle paying good money for bland, unappealing, hack artwork. In that regard at least I haven't changed over the decades xD

Anyway Merry Xmas everybody and I hope Santa brings you all the books you want 

Edited by MattrixAlien

I see I had no aspirations from last year, according to the posted time capsule thread in the first post.

Seeing I think I did ok this year, pretty much the same then next year.

In reality I might dial it back a little and save some actual cash, for the future, not sure.

Im planning a fairly low spend year, but we'll see how it goes. Some things I'd like to pick up assuming they present themselves:

• The two Labyrinth: Coronation #1 convention variants that I still haven't found.
  • A copy of the Diablo: Tales of Sanctuary promotional variant that doesn't look like it was dragged behind a speeding car.
  • A copy of Charles Burns's Drawn from Memory.
  • If the comics genie is granting wishes, a copy of Burns's SSSSSSSS remains one of my all-time grail books.

Depending on what else happens, and how much my wife and I blow on some international travel this summer (COVID willing), I might putting together a couple more conventionally desirable sets, too. We'll see.