• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2022 collecting goals?
8 8

177 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2021 at 10:23 AM, Djrodunchained said:

I think the most I've ever spent on a comic is in the mid $400s, so my main goal this year is to save extra money and get a comic in the $1000-$1500 range. I really want an Amazing Spiderman #9 in the best condition I can get for the price, so will probably hit up these boards when I have the funds ready and available!

After that, pull the trigger on other issues I like/want as I see good deals.

Good luck. ASM 9 is such a great book.

It’s amazing how prices have jumped since my time on the boards. I bought an ASM 1 on here for the princely sum of $1100.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:42 PM, piper said:

Good luck. ASM 9 is such a great book.

It’s amazing how prices have jumped since my time on the boards. I bought an ASM 1 on here for the princely sum of $1100.

I know... I can't get caught up on what I COULD have had if I didn't sell my entire collection about 5 years ago and if I would have been more focused on my collecting over the years. It's definitely a challenge on the pocket book! 

On 12/24/2021 at 1:47 PM, Djrodunchained said:

I know... I can't get caught up on what I COULD have had if I didn't sell my entire collection about 5 years ago and if I would have been more focused on my collecting over the years. It's definitely a challenge on the pocket book! 

:headbang: great attitude 

On 12/22/2021 at 6:15 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Scud: The Disposable Assassin #1, CGC graded 9.8

Since no one will sell me theirs (at a fair price) I've had several of my PC copies in CCS/CGC limbo for around 10,000 days. They were borderline 9.6/9.8 so we'll see how in turns out in another 10,000 days.

What do you consider a fair price? I have a few 9.8's.

I need to organize the past couple year's purchases, before the wife kills me.

Then I need to have a war sale that I missed this Christmas - my annual Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells. :p

Buy a few more LSH, SSWS dinosaur, and GIC issues I don't have. Upgrade a few Doom Patrol and Stange Tales issues.

After 25 years, employment was in question for 2022, and I was somewhat strategizing a selling plan. It turns out 2022 will be more secure than we previously feared, but 2023 and beyond are not. I should plan as though there were no changes to next year and sell off my undercopies and whatever doesn't tug at my childhood memories.