• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2022 collecting goals?
8 8

177 posts in this topic

Setting new goals now.

Sell enough of my books to cover buying 9.8's of: Hulk 1 (red hulk), Fantastic Four 353, The Sentry 1, a few more raw Jae Lee covers, and other covers that I like.

When I finally find a buyer for my Catman comic, I'll be looking at: New Mutants 98 newsstand, Ultimate Fallout #4, and if I have enough, Young Avengers 1 wizard edition.

Edited by Kerdese

Welllllllll,,,,,,,,,, I did find an Iron Man #28 in 9.4 I think? I added many smaller keys this past year,,,,, but IM#28 is all I added from my list! The ship may have sailed for me to get an AF#15 or a FF#1. I'm hopeful for the FF#4,,,,,, or an Avengers #4 in higher grade! Happy new year everyone,,,,, and good luck on your chase! 

On 12/23/2021 at 11:19 PM, Cat said:

To get my huge 'To Read' pile down significantly. And on the laughably minor goals, to complete my Malibu Mortal Kombat Komics Kollection. I've only got like 3 to get. It's just a matter of finding them at a decent price, when I'm ready to commit and hand over the cash. Right now my focus is a million miles away. 

This is a bit disappointing, as I didn't really get through as much of my list as I really should have, spending a lot of time on old favourites that could have gone on never-before-seen material. 

I also didn't get those ML books. Just not a priority not now. That's okay. It'll happen. Now's not the time.

I did however, get my very first CGC slab, thanks to board member @Ares, very happy with that, so I finally joined the club. It's just a modern, but I wanted it for the Neal Adams signature.

I added a reasonable amount of new books this year, mainly collected editions, as I'd expect. Lots of grest stuff. Mostly very happy with my purchases. 

• Ideally the price corrects on some of the books I have earmarked for sale, put that money aside for a big key purchase (hopefully not a new car after our current one got messed up in the recent winter storm here)
  • Find a nice epic Restored or Qualified key book, for cheap, that I can work my magic on as I continue my conservation experiments.
  • Aquire at least one Tales of Suspense pedigree book that features the gold armour Iron Man.

On 12/24/2021 at 12:53 PM, piper said:

Unless I sell some books this year, I think it’s going to be a light year (but I always say that).

I would like to buy an Avengers 1 VGish and FF 52 FVF ish.

I bought an FF 52 (thanks @kimik).

I didn’t buy an Avengers 1 but secured a Hulk 1 late this year after trading many good books. I still can’t believe it. :whatthe: :headbang:

This year, I went crazy buying horror magazines and buying the odd ASM.

Perhaps this will be the year, I get the Avengers 1.

On 12/27/2022 at 9:19 AM, piper said:

I bought an FF 52 (thanks @kimik).

I didn’t buy an Avengers 1 but secured a Hulk 1 late this year after trading many good books. I still can’t believe it. :whatthe: :headbang:

This year, I went crazy buying horror magazines and buying the odd ASM.

Perhaps this will be the year, I get the Avengers 1.

@piper You're welcome.

And congrats again on the Hulk 1. It is a great looking copy. (thumbsu

On 2/1/2022 at 3:00 PM, jas1vans said:

I'd like to get a handle on my collection: get rid of the books I don't want, keep the ones I enjoy, and purchase the ones I don't have yet. I'd like to get some of my basement back. My biggest hurdle will be time. It's much easier, and I'm guessing more fun, to look and buy than to grade, list, package, and ship. I've never sold a book so if I can sell just one before Dec. 31st, I'll consider that a huge win.

I'd also like to start reading more of my collection since it's mostly books from before I was collecting as a kid.

I almost have my books divided into: get rid of sooner, get rid of later, keep forever. That time thing is elusive.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:53 PM, Norinn Radd said:

Sell 500 comics, TPBs, magazines to fund a grail purchase.

Maybe buy my first piece of original art since 2004.

hm

I did sell a lot of comics, TPBs, magazines all year long but a bit short of my goal.  It was good to go through my collection and see what I actually had.  It wasn't easy to let go of some of my comics but it feels good to thin out my collection.  What's left are my favorites (or comics nobody wants).

Didn't pull the trigger on an original art purchase this year but I've narrowed down what I might buy.  Waiting to see if prices tumble during the recession next year.

:popcorn:

On 12/23/2021 at 9:55 AM, MattrixAlien said:

Most peoples goals are to buy less it seems, but mine is actually to spend a little more :nyah: but still modest aspirations compared to a lot of boardie's usual investments :)

ASM #298 to complete my run of McFarlane Spidey keys

Batman 357 or 366 etc to add a nice Don Newton pencilled Batman key to my PC

This is a cheap one. It's just a matter of finding it on the hunt as I don't want to pay postage for it. Justice League America #33 (1989) to complete my Adam Hughes' Justice League run. 

There's also a couple of Alan Davis Excalibur's in the 40s I'm missing. 

The Miller Wolverine & the Zeck Punisher minis would be cool too. That's enough for now

Anyway Merry Xmas everybody and I hope Santa brings you all the books you want 

Reflecting on my modest wish list for 2022 I actually ticked off most of them and extra things popped up during the year. Like completing my collection of the big McFarlane keys by picking up Batman 423. It's really an over priced book with a cool cover but I had to have it :nyah: Thanks again to the amazing boardie for ASM298. The Wolverine & Punisher mini's will roll over to the 2023 list. If we have a full blown 90s style recession and prices really crash I might be able to get approval to buy NM98 & Swamp Thing 37 

Edited by MattrixAlien

To sell 15,000 comics. I suppose I shouldn't have taken 18 months off.

It will still leave me with a lot of stuff, but I will be able to move around better in my comic lair and use some space for other stuff like an art studio, my home office (which is presently on the dining room table much to the dismay of my wife) and a lego studio for my kids. Maybe a work out area. That last one is a bit optimistic.

On 12/26/2022 at 10:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Side tracks are easy and I found that out a year before this one, thats why I was thankful for this thread. Even then the goal oriented wasn't in me to be specific, but I'm right there with you. I guess if need be, to study analyze what we're "after" especially when it isn't natural for us like "right now!" Lol

Having ideas is 1st, perhaps, then of those make goals. Last year I had no ideas, so that's my thing this year I got some, and if there is a new thread I might have the goals to pursue  :wishluck:

Oh yeah for sure! So hard being a collector and wanting it all haha! But my focus for this year will be to add hulk 181 at the least to my collection and try to get a x men 1 or gsx 

On 12/22/2021 at 2:41 PM, chrisco37 said:

I have 4 books left to complete my ASM run.  Hoping to knock one (or more) off the list in 2022.  I know I won’t be able to do all 4.  

I was wrong.  I completed my Spidey 1-40 run.  Done.  :cloud9: