• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEWARE Unknown Comics - TERRIBLE Customer Service!
3 3

129 posts in this topic

Anyone else have a terrible experience with Unknown Comics? I ordered four books for the listed price, then realized they're selling a four pack for the same books. They refused to help me out - said it's their policy. They basically screwed me out of $15. I understand it was my error, but come on. I've been in a similar situation with Frankie's, and they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.

I can't imagine why Unknown would treat its customers this way?

On 12/22/2021 at 3:25 PM, Matt1982 said:

Anyone else have a terrible experience with Unknown Comics? I ordered four books for the listed price, then realized they're selling a four pack for the same books. They refused to help me out - said it's their policy. They basically screwed me out of $15. I understand it was my error, but come on. I've been in a similar situation with Frankie's, and they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.

I can't imagine why Unknown would treat its customers this way?

That is always the way it is with Unknown Comics. Once you push buy that transaction is done with them (no additions or subtractions). I’ve had a similar experience to yours so I stopped buying their store exclusives. Sometimes they still have good deals for on books I’m looking for so I haven’t stopped shopping with them completely.

On 12/22/2021 at 3:34 PM, thesink said:

That is always the way it is with Unknown Comics. Once you push buy that transaction is done with them (no additions or subtractions). I’ve had a similar experience to yours so I stopped buying their store exclusives. Sometimes they still have good deals for on books I’m looking for so I haven’t stopped shopping with them completely.

It's such a bad way to treat people. I won't buy from them again - that's for sure.

On 12/22/2021 at 4:34 PM, comicparadox said:

Not sure I agree this is “terrible”. You initiated the transaction willingly. Why castigate them? They posted merchandise, you chose to buy it. They didn’t “screw you out of $15”. Your headline does a disservice to that merchant. The only problem I have with Unknown Comics is that they overload my inbox!🙂

I don’t think I did them a disservice at all. They’re offering a bundle discount, and they refuse to give me the discount because I pushed the wrong button. That’s awful customer service. They could do a million things - refund me $15, let me return the four books and buy the bundle, even just give me a $15 store credit. There’s absolutely no reason they couldn’t do something to get me the same deal they’re giving everyone else.

I stopped dealing with them back in 2018/2019.  They got worse at sending me comics that were LESS than their stated ‘9.2NM-‘ condition, or better.  Their customer service was for krap…

On 12/22/2021 at 4:42 PM, thesink said:

I agree with @comicparadox that I don’t think it’s so bad, it just alters my purchases because I’m always afraid I’m not getting the “best” deal on their exclusives. 

You are wrong they are terrible. Several years ago I bought 8 copies of ASM 800 blanks. 
They sent me all 8 copies with terrible corner dings like F+ copy dings. For weeks/month they
ignored my emails. I finally had to file claim on paypal. 

They answered the claim the last day telling me all the copies were damaged. So not only
did they ship me damaged copies, but they knew they were damaged before they shipped
them too me. They lost the appeal.

I have never used them since. 

On 12/22/2021 at 7:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

You are wrong they are terrible. Several years ago I bought 8 copies of ASM 800 blanks. 
They sent me all 8 copies with terrible corner dings like F+ copy dings. For weeks/month they

Was it 8 copies or 10?

Was the damage on the corners or in the middle of the covers? :baiting:

1.thumb.jpg.eb85398734bc0e56035344d3968b60ad.jpg

On 12/22/2021 at 7:02 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 12/22/2021 at 6:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

Was it 8 copies or 10?

Was the damage on the corners or in the middle of the covers? :baiting:

1.thumb.jpg.eb85398734bc0e56035344d3968b60ad.jpg

I bet you remember every detail from 3 years ago too. :censored:

On 12/22/2021 at 6:10 PM, oakman29 said:

On one hand they should help you, on the other who gives a rats azz about 15.00. Come to us when you've been out five thousand on a comic book. Then you might get sympathy from me. 

Dayum!!!

86C227F4-863F-46F1-A328-EA52FC0BE8A3.gif

On 12/22/2021 at 8:27 PM, fastballspecial said:

I've really used the ignore function, but all make an exception this time. 
The fact that you think this is funny makes it easier.

Don't take it seriously.  I'm just bustin' balls. 

On 12/22/2021 at 5:27 PM, fastballspecial said:

I've really used the ignore function, but all make an exception this time. 
The fact that you think this is funny makes it easier.

Relax man , it's nothing, c'mon.