• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEWARE Unknown Comics - TERRIBLE Customer Service!
3 3

129 posts in this topic

Darren is in the wrong business. He should have stuck with garbage trucks. 

I used to buy wholesale from him for years. I had a problem with an order for my personal collection. Just a few graded books. Ended up taking 11 months(2018) and I eventually asked to cancel. It was 7 months past the original eta. He said FU, so I simply stopped giving him any money.

Stay away from Unknown. Everything will be great until something goes wrong and you will get no help from them.

If the owner has admitted he's not a customer service guy, and he's not giving complaints and the like to someone else to deal with, it's a miracle they're still in business. It's like stating you're terrified of water. What do you do for a living? Oh I'm a scuba diver around oil rigs. Wut. 

On 12/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, Randall Ries said:

I'm sorry. You screwed yourself out of $15. Some vendors - like Frankie's - will do the switcheroo if the order hasn't shipped yet. But they don't have to. Especially if it's part of their policy.

Nothing personal. NOT saying you are a lesser being and so forth. Some places are rigid. Others aren't. Regardless of what they have done to other people in other circumstances. I have done this sort of thing as well. It sucks. I slam that "buy" button home, THEN see the "Buy 2 get the 3rd one free" option afterward. LOL!

But I get it. My father was like this. When McDonald's had its "Monopoly" game going on in the mid 1980's, he was very into it for some reason. He (of course) collected every piece except one. Had his McDonald's Monopoly playing board set up on his coffee table. To him, that board was sacrosanct. If the house caught on fire, that board would have been the first thing he ran into the flaming house to save. While looking at his wife and saying "Hang tight! Be right back!"

He would always check his order before leaving the drive through. One time, he didn't and that was the one time they forgot to add the piece into the bag. I remember clearly him pulling off the drive through window, me asking him "Hey! You didn't check your bag for your game piece", him grunting "Aw yeah", STOPPING at the parking lot exit, rummaging through the bag, him exclaiming "Why those @%$!*#^!", driving INTO traffic, driving BACK into the parking lot and waiting for FIFTEEN cars to get their orders and then chewing out the window "agent" because "THEY forgot his G-D McDonald's Monopoly playing piece". Two grown adults. One yelling into a drive through window and the other slumping as far down into the passenger seat as possible. With a knit longshoreman's pulled over his face. Ok, dad. Who's the public embarrassment NOW?

Those games McDonald's played back then were serious business to him. My father was the inspiration for the quotable "Let It Go", and "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET IT GO?". LOL!

giphy.gif

That's a classic Christmas story if I ever heard one...  lol  

On 12/22/2021 at 8:19 PM, The Lions Den said:

As a gesture of goodwill, I'll personally give Matt1982 $15 off the purchase price of the next book he buys from me. Keep an eye out after the holidays for some cool books I'll be listing in the Gold/Silver/Bronze forum. 

Please stay safe and be well...and Happy Holidays from The Lion's Den!   :foryou:

Thanks LD! I appreciate it and will definitely keep an eye out.

I appreciate all the commentary. For me personally I’ll say that I’m aware that it’s only $15. I acknowledge that Unknown is within its legal rights to treat me this way, and I accept it. And I’m within my legal rights to not buy from them anymore, but instead buy from people who take better care of their customers, and to also let people who love comics as much as I do to watch out sh@$&y companies like Unknown.

There are too many good sellers out there to choose to support a crappy one.

On 12/23/2021 at 11:09 AM, Matt1982 said:

Thanks LD! I appreciate it and will definitely keep an eye out.

I appreciate all the commentary. For me personally I’ll say that I’m aware that it’s only $15. I acknowledge that Unknown is within its legal rights to treat me this way, and I accept it. And I’m within my legal rights to not buy from them anymore, but instead buy from people who take better care of their customers, and to also let people who love comics as much as I do to watch out sh@$&y companies like Unknown.

There are too many good sellers out there to choose to support a crappy one.

Definitely don't buy from ComicXposure.  Just sayin!

On 12/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, The Lions Den said:
On 12/23/2021 at 6:40 AM, Randall Ries said:

I'm sorry. You screwed yourself out of $15. Some vendors - like Frankie's - will do the switcheroo if the order hasn't shipped yet. But they don't have to. Especially if it's part of their policy.

Nothing personal. NOT saying you are a lesser being and so forth. Some places are rigid. Others aren't. Regardless of what they have done to other people in other circumstances. I have done this sort of thing as well. It sucks. I slam that "buy" button home, THEN see the "Buy 2 get the 3rd one free" option afterward. LOL!

But I get it. My father was like this. When McDonald's had its "Monopoly" game going on in the mid 1980's, he was very into it for some reason. He (of course) collected every piece except one. Had his McDonald's Monopoly playing board set up on his coffee table. To him, that board was sacrosanct. If the house caught on fire, that board would have been the first thing he ran into the flaming house to save. While looking at his wife and saying "Hang tight! Be right back!"

He would always check his order before leaving the drive through. One time, he didn't and that was the one time they forgot to add the piece into the bag. I remember clearly him pulling off the drive through window, me asking him "Hey! You didn't check your bag for your game piece", him grunting "Aw yeah", STOPPING at the parking lot exit, rummaging through the bag, him exclaiming "Why those @%$!*#^!", driving INTO traffic, driving BACK into the parking lot and waiting for FIFTEEN cars to get their orders and then chewing out the window "agent" because "THEY forgot his G-D McDonald's Monopoly playing piece". Two grown adults. One yelling into a drive through window and the other slumping as far down into the passenger seat as possible. With a knit longshoreman's pulled over his face. Ok, dad. Who's the public embarrassment NOW?

Those games McDonald's played back then were serious business to him. My father was the inspiration for the quotable "Let It Go", and "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET IT GO?". LOL!

giphy.gif

Expand  

That's a classic Christmas story if I ever heard one...  lol  

You beat me to it.  This was pure Jean Shepard.  Hilarious.

On 12/22/2021 at 6:04 PM, MattTheDuck said:

This reads better as a cautionary tale about this vendor, or perhaps all on-line orders, than one of outrage.  Sorry for the bad experience.

This story teaches me more about the buyer than the seller. 2c

On 12/22/2021 at 10:10 PM, oakman29 said:

On one hand they should help you, on the other who gives a rats azz about 15.00. Come to us when you've been out five thousand on a comic book. Then you might get sympathy from me. 

Kind of agree with this one.

I understand your frustrations, and it’s annoying, but $15 doesn’t deserve a thread. 

If there was a CGC thread over everyone that felt like they got hosed for $15, we wouldn’t be able to find the comic threads among all the mess. 

I’ve lost literally hundreds of dollars from import fees, sellers charging higher prices for shipping than listed, having to buy books from 1 vendor but them splitting shipping into two… buying books over value, damaged books, fake condition lies… you name it.

Welcome to the hobby. 

On 12/23/2021 at 1:34 PM, D2 said:

Kind of agree with this one.

I understand your frustrations, and it’s annoying, but $15 doesn’t deserve a thread. 

If there was a CGC thread over everyone that felt like they got hosed for $15, we wouldn’t be able to find the comic threads among all the mess. 

I’ve lost literally hundreds of dollars from import fees, sellers charging higher prices for shipping than listed, having to buy books from 1 vendor but them splitting shipping into two… buying books over value, damaged books, fake condition lies… you name it.

Welcome to the hobby. 

Amen.

15.00 huh.🙄