• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEWARE Unknown Comics - TERRIBLE Customer Service!
3 3

129 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2021 at 9:09 AM, Matt1982 said:

Thanks LD! I appreciate it and will definitely keep an eye out.

I appreciate all the commentary. For me personally I’ll say that I’m aware that it’s only $15. I acknowledge that Unknown is within its legal rights to treat me this way, and I accept it. And I’m within my legal rights to not buy from them anymore, but instead buy from people who take better care of their customers, and to also let people who love comics as much as I do to watch out sh@$&y companies like Unknown.

There are too many good sellers out there to choose to support a crappy one.

Let me tell you about most if not all the people who frequent the boards and sell.  This is where you get upstanding people who care about you and your purchases. I haven't bought a comic book from anywhere but here since I arrived here, and have been happier for it. Oh there are a few great sellers, but mostly Ebay is for suckers.

On 12/23/2021 at 1:48 PM, oakman29 said:

Amen.

15.00 huh.🙄

I remember when Mutant_Keys was complaining about $12 back in the day and I asked him if I PP him the money he would shut up and he took me up on the deal.

It was money well spent.  Over my life, I've been screwed over a few bucks but I've been fortunate to benefit on some items so I just chalk it up to an eventually wash.  

xoxo

greggy

On 12/23/2021 at 2:15 PM, greggy said:

I remember when Mutant_Keys was complaining about $12 back in the day and I asked him if I PP him the money he would shut up and he took me up on the deal.

It was money well spent.  Over my life, I've been screwed over a few bucks but I've been fortunate to benefit on some items so I just chalk it up to an eventually wash.  

xoxo

greggy

Yep. Good deals I've made have far out weighted the bad ones.

On 12/23/2021 at 9:09 AM, Matt1982 said:

Thanks LD! I appreciate it and will definitely keep an eye out.

I appreciate all the commentary. For me personally I’ll say that I’m aware that it’s only $15. I acknowledge that Unknown is within its legal rights to treat me this way, and I accept it. And I’m within my legal rights to not buy from them anymore, but instead buy from people who take better care of their customers, and to also let people who love comics as much as I do to watch out sh@$&y companies like Unknown.

There are too many good sellers out there to choose to support a crappy one.

How's this one for a kick in the pants Matt. I had an Incredible Hulk #1 , the 1962 one. I had to sell for 12K , and now it's worth 50K . Talk about a teeth masher. 😬

Then again back in 1980's I bought an AF 15 for 500.00, now .....well . Even Steven.

Edited by oakman29

On 12/23/2021 at 4:32 PM, shadroch said:

It was the principal.

Principalities is important.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:15 PM, greggy said:

xoxo

greggy

Karma good sir, karma.  I fully believe in it. <3

On 12/23/2021 at 2:15 PM, greggy said:

xoxo

greggy

I'll give you $12 to shut up.

On 12/23/2021 at 5:15 PM, greggy said:

xoxo

greggy

That's it. When Batman: Son Of The Demon came out initially as a HC book, the clerk was so involved in a book he was reading he was visibly annoyed by my presence as a customer. I plunked the book down on the counter and asked for a backing board as well. He slid the hardcover into a bag first, then he grumbled all the way to the closet and came back with a backing board without even looking at me and slid that into the bag as well. "Ten cents", he said. I handed him a dime and he dropped it into the register, slammed it shut and threw himself back into his chair to read his book.

I stood there and stared at him for a minute. He looked up at me: "WELL? NEED ANYTHING ELSE?"

Nope. Not a damned thing.

But I have also been burned as well both online and in person at point of sale, so it basically comes out even.

On 12/23/2021 at 5:44 PM, Randall Ries said:

That's it. When Batman: Son Of The Demon came out initially as a HC book, the clerk was so involved in a book he was reading he was visibly annoyed by my presence as a customer. I plunked the book down on the counter and asked for a backing board as well. He slid the hardcover into a bag first, then he grumbled all the way to the closet and came back with a backing board without even looking at me and slid that into the bag as well. "Ten cents", he said. I handed him a dime and he dropped it into the register, slammed it shut and threw himself back into his chair to read his book.

I stood there and stared at him for a minute. He looked up at me: "WELL? NEED ANYTHING ELSE?"

Nope. Not a damned thing.

But I have also been burned as well both online and in person at point of sale, so it basically comes out even.

Man I would have played this out.
Yes another backing board.
-goes gets it-huffs and puffs-
ANYTHING ELSE???
Yes I think I need another bag too-
etc
@Buzzetta

On 12/22/2021 at 7:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

You are wrong they are terrible. Several years ago I bought 8 copies of ASM 800 blanks. 
They sent me all 8 copies with terrible corner dings like F+ copy dings. For weeks/month they
ignored my emails. I finally had to file claim on paypal. 

They answered the claim the last day telling me all the copies were damaged. So not only
did they ship me damaged copies, but they knew they were damaged before they shipped
them too me. They lost the appeal.

I have never used them since. 

And of course you sent the damaged copies back to them.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, kav said:

Man I would have played this out.
Yes another backing board.
-goes gets it-huffs and puffs-
ANYTHING ELSE???
Yes I think I need another bag too-
etc
@Buzzetta

I’m in Panera grabbing a bit me to eat while I finish some Christmas shopping.  My brother came to the east coast and I never finished shopping for him. (Didn’t think he would show).  

Trust me when I say today I am seeing excellent customer service in light of a lot of bad customers.  Some people out here need to get a reality check 

On 12/23/2021 at 6:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

I’m in Panera grabbing a bit me to eat while I finish some Christmas shopping.  My brother came to the east coast and I never finished shopping for him. (Didn’t think he would show).  

A radioactive spider bit you you say?