• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Packing Slip Has Username. How to Change?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I guess I was not paying close enough attention...but when I finished submitting my order, I noticed my name on the packing slip is my CGC "username".

I don't want to pack everything up only to have it returned. Here are my questions:

(1) Can I change the name on the packing slip before printing it out?

(2) Where can you include comments in the submission process to alert CGC to specific requirements?

If I have to wait until tomorrow to call them, I can wait until then.

Thank you.

As long as you haven't shipped off your order you can just start a new submission form with the corrections. Items are not entered into CGC system until they have them in hand.

You'll need to call CGC about any specific requirements. They will tell you what is doable and how to include comments if possible. Good luck.

Just got off the phone with CGC.

(1) CGC said they cannot change the Packing Slip. They advised I blacken out the "user" name and hand-write my name on the form.

(2) I have 3 boxes. I was provided with a single page Packing Slip. They advised I print multiple copies and blacken out the items not in the box.

(3) I wanted to provide some comments/special instructions. CGC said to include those on the form. However, that option no longer exists. They advised I included a separate piece of paper with the comments/instructions.

(4) Same as above for alternate POC/emergency contact. They advised I include a separate piece of paper with the name, address and phone number of an alternate/emergency contact.

(5) Same as above for pricing error. The correct price for grading a comic does not reflect on the Packing Slip. CGC (originally) advised I highlight it on the form. As mentioned above, that option is no longer available. They advised I include a separate piece of paper highlight the error.

There was some confusion as it appears CGC updated the online form. I am hopeful the will read the extra sheets of paper when they open the box. I always welcome any feedback and/or suggestions from the forum members.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:07 AM, Upgrayedd2 said:

Just got off the phone with CGC.

(1) CGC said they cannot change the Packing Slip. They advised I blacken out the "user" name and hand-write my name on the form.

(2) I have 3 boxes. I was provided with a single page Packing Slip. They advised I print multiple copies and blacken out the items not in the box.

(3) I wanted to provide some comments/special instructions. CGC said to include those on the form. However, that option no longer exists. They advised I included a separate piece of paper with the comments/instructions.

(4) Same as above for alternate POC/emergency contact. They advised I include a separate piece of paper with the name, address and phone number of an alternate/emergency contact.

(5) Same as above for pricing error. The correct price for grading a comic does not reflect on the Packing Slip. CGC (originally) advised I highlight it on the form. As mentioned above, that option is no longer available. They advised I include a separate piece of paper highlight the error.

There was some confusion as it appears CGC updated the online form. I am hopeful the will read the extra sheets of paper when they open the box. I always welcome any feedback and/or suggestions from the forum members.

Wow - I don't submit books, but that's a lot of stuff no one thought of.  I'm very surprised your questions didn't come up 20 years ago and get solved on the form at that time.