• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contact Marks on Slabs

2 posts in this topic

So I recently got a submission back in November, and all 25 had a unique scuff on the front along with these "marks" on the middle right side of the slab. (See pic below.) Thankfully CGC let me send them back in for a mechanical fix. They returned in fresh slabs scuff-free, but all still had this "mark" on the seal of the slab. I emailed CGC about it and they told me tonight "according to the processing department these appear to be contact marks that are sometimes left on the holder when encapsulating.  This is common, not all books have them."

Now I'm not a crazy submitter or anything, but I've never seen these on anything prior to mid-2021. I've seen other people mention their submissions have them too. None of what I submitted was an abnormal comic in any way. Essentially it sounds like they won't fix this which honestly really sucks.

20211206_195023.jpg

Edited by Tnexus