• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Can This Happen?
4 4

8 posts in this topic

A user on Instagram is selling Fantastic Four CGC 2.0 blue label. I'm not commenting on his price. The CGC certification number is: 3795986003.

Here are the grader notes:

TOP EDGE OF COVER TRIMMED
extra staple manufacturing
heavy creasing to cover
moderate staining to cover
tape cover

How can any book that is trimmed get a blue label?!?

On 12/22/2021 at 9:46 PM, steveinthecity said:

Does this book have a custom label?

Might not. The Dylan Special books generally show as restored in the cert lookup. This one's lookup record claims to be a 2.0 Universal.

Grade date 03/04/2021, so, unfortunately, my first guess is that this is a QA :censored:.

@CGC Mike, can we assume that all books with trimmed label notations are still intended to get purple grades?

• Administrator
On 12/22/2021 at 11:33 PM, Qalyar said:

Might not. The Dylan Special books generally show as restored in the cert lookup. This one's lookup record claims to be a 2.0 Universal.

Grade date 03/04/2021, so, unfortunately, my first guess is that this is a QA :censored:.

@CGC Mike, can we assume that all books with trimmed label notations are still intended to get purple grades?

CGC Restoration and Conservation FAQs | CGC

Trimmed books are given an apparent grade and, in accordance with CGC's policy, are encapsulated with CGC's Restored label