• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

comic movies true geeks didn't go to the theater for

21 posts in this topic

I just don't like going to the theater much anymore, so I've only seen two MCU movies there (Thor 1 and the first Avengers). Thor was because my wife and I needed to get out of the house for a few hours, and I had heard rumors that Marvel was going to build up to an Avengers movie eventually. I went to Avengers on opening night because I had been waiting over 30 years for an Avengers movie that portrayed them similar to the comics and had quality effects, so it didn't look stupid. I kept an eye on the progress of the movie for more than a year while it was being made, and I had a feeling it was going to turn out great. When I saw the first full trailer for it during the Super Bowl in 2012, I was very excited to see it, and I was fired up when it finally opened. But it took 2 years of anticipation for me to actually go the theater, and I still almost backed out. My wife made me realize I would regret not going, so I went, and I loved it. That was the last movie I've gone to, though. I pre-ordered most of the MCU movies on VUDU and watched them on the day they became available, and also most of the DC and Sony Spider-Man movies when they came out. I'm just more comfortable with a large screen TV and surround system, in a comfortable chair, eating what and when I want and pausing the movie to go the bathroom. I don't hate going to the theater, but just have a better experience at home. It helps that the waiting time after a movie's theater run is much shorter than it used to be, so I don't have to wait that long.