• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gundam: Overall Franchise Discussion

3 posts in this topic

Whether it's Gunpla kits, conventional figures, TV shows, OVAs, mangas, video games, and tons more, this is hopefully the right place to do it. 

I'm personally in a very Gundammy mood at the moment. Building Gunpla is good physio for my wrist (broken and went through surgery), my physio was happy to hear I'm doing kits. There's so much great new stuff since I last looked, I want it all! Real Grade Sinanju, I mean... WOW! So far I'm working on a Zephyranythes Full Burnern RG, it's coming along slowly but nicely. 

For the first time I'm watching Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. Only 3 or 4 epsidoes in, and I think it's great. Can it live up to Gundam 00? I can't wait to find out. It's certainly had a good start, so who knows. 

Finally, I'm reading the Gundam Seed Astray manga. Published by Tokyo pop in 2004 I think? Good stuff. Story is so much better told than 00F, which is a shame. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

On 12/23/2021 at 9:03 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Real Grade Sinanju, I mean... WOW! So far I'm working on a Zephyranythes Full Burnern RG, it's coming along slowly but nicely. 

For the first time I'm watching Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. Only 3 or 4 epsidoes in, and I think it's great. Can it live up to Gundam 00? I can't wait to find out. It's certainly had a good start, so who knows. 

Finally, I'm reading the Gundam Seed Astray manga. Published by Tokyo pop in 2004 I think? Good stuff. Story is so much better told than 00F, which is a shame. 

1.  I don't think you will find many Gundam fans on this site (fortunately you found one of the biggest fan in the world herelol)

2.  The RG Sinanju looks great but it has flaws with loose parts and difficult to pose.  Pick up the Weiss (mine is pictured below)

3.  I was working on a MG Hazel build for the World Builder Competition a few years ago before they canceled all the in person events due to Covid

4.  Skip IBO the anime and go straight to the MG Barbatos build (or watch Battlogue)

5.  For the manga...get into the Titans storyline.

***I have LOTS of kits lol

20211228_124929.thumb.jpg.3e9b315eb3c9b12c8fc881fcb3ee7959.jpg

On 12/29/2021 at 5:06 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

1.  I don't think you will find many Gundam fans on this site (fortunately you found one of the biggest fan in the world herelol)

2.  The RG Sinanju looks great but it has flaws with loose parts and difficult to pose.  Pick up the Weiss (mine is pictured below)

3.  I was working on a MG Hazel build for the World Builder Competition a few years ago before they canceled all the in person events due to Covid

4.  Skip IBO the anime and go straight to the MG Barbatos build (or watch Battlogue)

5.  For the manga...get into the Titans storyline.

***I have LOTS of kits lol

20211228_124929.thumb.jpg.3e9b315eb3c9b12c8fc881fcb3ee7959.jpg

Ooh, that's all super useful info, cheers for that. 

2. Skip the regular RG Sinanju, got it. Off to cancel that one now. 

3. Nice. 

4. Good excuse to get the MG. I needed that :whistle:

5. Haven't heard of this one, will definitely look it up. 

Thanks for all the useful info. I'm only just getting back into it, so this is all great.