• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a fair warning for those taking threads off topic
8 8

358 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, Bird said:

I genuinely don't know? :wavingwhiteflag: I see goofiness often, but I am not sure I see the shenanigans Mike is referring to. Maybe I do, but I am not clear on what is going on. I don't need to know though. 60-100 posts of nonsense, I don't think I'd make it off the first page of that stuff before moving on.

It’s more annoying than anything...

54708E15-23D8-46DE-858D-3B4B31E3C332.gif.8d6a1bc22855dba800d63edbdf622787.gif

On 12/24/2021 at 8:02 AM, CGC Mike said:

I have noticed a group of people often going into threads and taking them off topic with nonsense postings.  This is disrespectful to the original poster and those that have contributed to the thread in a proper way.  There are bound to be off topic posts in threads.  That is part of what keeps this place fun.   However, when I see 60 to 100 posts, and only a few are on topic, this is not ok.  At this point, the person's thread is ruined. There are many that don't want to scroll through the kind of stuff I am seeing.  I have asked that a new tool be installed where I can ban people from a topic.  In the future, if I see this kind of behavior, I will use that tool.  If I see this moving to a different thread, I will use the point system to restrict the posting on the forum for those involved.  I am not opposed to having one nonsense thread in comics general, where it is ok to post whatever you want.  Other than that, this stops now, or I will make it stop. 

Here are 2 rules listed in the terms of use.

A notice, warning or violation may be issued to a user if he/she violates the rules with any of the following behaviors:

15.   Particularly excessive off-topic posting.

16.   Spamming the Boards with repeated or similar posts.

Why not create an Official :signofftopic:thread?

:idea:

I'm a little worried @CGC Mike

About @DR.X threads and holiday raffle threads and Christmas threads?

I mean I get 3-30 pages of drivel, I find it annoying that's why I stopped, but either people are taking this thread too seriously (as am I) or needs clarification.  :cheers:

Merry Christmas ☃️🎄

On 12/24/2021 at 11:15 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve tried multiple times and poof they’re gone

4DBBC57D-F092-4949-9E55-2EC2818DE86C.gif.30cd2595f11dd26a6acaad10e3a10a5a.gif

But now @CGC Mike can just create one

In my case, I was chastised by the people of who this thread was created. 

This is irony