• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a fair warning for those taking threads off topic
8 8

358 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2021 at 12:53 PM, Math Teacher said:

If you claim to have never seen the type of behavior that @CGC Mike is talking about, then you're not paying attention.

Can you please cite a post where I said that?

what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:38 PM, shadroch said:

It seems pretty obvious that many people here don't find find your particular sense of humor very funny.  If you weren't aware of how annoying it was, now you are. 

Yeah, they were one of the first to land on the ignore list.

On 12/24/2021 at 2:47 PM, kav said:

Youre still complaining about a problem that doesnt exist anymore.

Look at the post five posts above, where I found this sentence. Let's parses this sentence.

On the earth that I live on, "still complaining" implies that I have complained before.

On 12/24/2021 at 2:47 PM, kav said:

That phrase has virtually disappeared as per Mike's orders.  Maybe used once or twice a week.

If the phrase "Maybe used once or twice a week" and "doesn't exist anymore" are now synonymous, that's certainly news to me.

On 12/24/2021 at 2:58 PM, kav said:

what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If you're so witty, couldn't you come up with your own phrase, rather than parroting my words back at me?

On 12/24/2021 at 3:03 PM, kav said:

If you have an insatiable need to tell others what to do perhaps you could start a cult.  Or continue with the substitute teaching of children.

I have to question your reading skills. I'm not the one telling you what to do; @CGC Mike is. I'm just expressing my option, just like you.

I've had my say on this issue, and so have you. I'm done arguing with you. Feel free to continue to insult me, if that helps you feel better. I'm going to lspend my time learning how to implement this block function

On 12/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, Math Teacher said:

Look at the post five posts above, where I found this sentence. Let's parses this sentence.

On the earth that I live on, "still complaining" implies that I have complained before.

If the phrase "Maybe used once or twice a week" and "doesn't exist anymore" are now synonymous, that's certainly news to me.

If you're so witty, couldn't you come up with your own phrase, rather than parroting my words back at me?

So you are saying you have never complained before lol 
I said 'virtually' disappeared.  reading is fundamental.
I was parroting to point out the hypocrisy.  Comprehension is also, fundamental.
If 90% of what you say in class is a joke, I suggest you stick to the lesson plans and instruction. 

On 12/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, Math Teacher said:

If you claim to have never seen the type of behavior that @CGC Mike is talking about, then you're not paying attention.

I generally stick to "threads you have posted in" and the comic art section. And I am liberal with my use of the ignore function. (shrug)

Now show me these threads! :sumo:

(seriously, an example from moderation would be a good idea otherwise we go round and round)

On 12/24/2021 at 2:17 PM, Bird said:

where's the $15 thread?

It's the Unknown Comics thread. OP bought some books from then, and then saw they were offering the same books in a bundle cheaper than the individual books costs. He wanted to switch and they wouldn't let him. I found it interesting and it was being looked at from both the buyers and sellers point of view. I have no idea what happened overnight but I can certainly quess.