• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storage
4 4

43 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, Gaard said:

After hearing opinions, for years, on how comics should be stored, it is my opinion that, no matter how they are stored, there is a reason for doing it some other way.

This true. I have seen all types of storage techniques over the years. My favorite still is putting the boards back to back I still see that one from time to time. Ive seen stored upside down every other one, and Ive seen a dozen shrink wrapped together in bricks. Also some of the boards I see which are flimsy as all get it Id like to know who makes them so I can mark them off my list lol.

On 12/25/2021 at 1:33 PM, fastballspecial said:

This true. I have seen all types of storage techniques over the years. My favorite still is putting the boards back to back I still see that one from time to time. Ive seen stored upside down every other one, and Ive seen a dozen shrink wrapped together in bricks. Also some of the boards I see which are flimsy as all get it Id like to know who makes them so I can mark them off my list lol.

If you find out let me know lol

Eh, I had several comics I've recently submitted to CGC and received 9.8s on that I've stored upright in bags and boards in short boxes for a good 15 years. I can't say if there has been any damage to any other comics storing them this way, or if anything will happen in the future, but this method has worked well for me so far. 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:20 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Eh, I had several comics I've recently submitted to CGC and received 9.8s on that I've stored upright in bags and boards in short boxes for a good 15 years. I can't say if there has been any damage to any other comics storing them this way, or if anything will happen in the future, but this method has worked well for me so far. 

I wasn't sure if keeping them this way (horizontal) was worse so I had to ask. 

On 12/25/2021 at 11:13 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Hey dudes, is this okay for book storage? I got this today and it's the only way they will fit in there. Thoughts?

The diagram says that the box is 13.4" tall.  Why are you turning comics that are 10.5" tall on their sides?  Should be plenty of room standing up, almost an extra 3", if the advertised measurement is correct.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:03 PM, Lightning55 said:

The diagram says that the box is 13.4" tall.  Why are you turning comics that are 10.5" tall on their sides?  Should be plenty of room standing up, almost an extra 3", if the advertised measurement is correct.

Tried standing them up inside but the lid wouldn't close properly with them that way. So I put them horizontal and then flipped the case! They're all vertical inside now so I hope they don't sustain any damage. 

On 12/26/2021 at 7:06 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Tried standing them up inside but the lid wouldn't close properly with them that way. So I put them horizontal and then flipped the case! They're all vertical inside now so I hope they don't sustain any damage. 

I was thinking you were doing something wrong as I 've never seen a design like that, but the photos seem to show them stored sideways. 

With those dimensons, they should stand up.

Edited by shadroch