• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,645 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2022 at 5:27 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

(shrug)

It was a joke,  as Foggy had suggested that I was banned to the cornfield , I too asked if you were as well. 

I know it was just the BS system glitches they needed to fix since they switched.  :pullhair:

On 1/12/2022 at 5:32 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Screenshot_20220112-153135_Samsung Internet.jpg

200-2.gif.81c71b32892c202a6768ca1a16b41716.gif

On 1/12/2022 at 5:48 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Dayummm!🤣

To be fair when I first signed up here they didn't know how to take the way I posted.  (They being other users and moderators) 

The moderators were fair. I know I crossed a few lines. 

A lot of it involved other, now permanently banned former members.  ( as they definitely deserved and should be) 

Also why now there are new rules pertaining to use of some images. 

All for the better... 

On 1/12/2022 at 3:57 PM, D84 said:

If you butter the cornhole; you just might be asking for it..

@onlyweaknesskryptonitewill no doubt have gifs for that statement...

On 1/12/2022 at 5:06 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Off-Topic post:  "Sympathy" - at least on the part of those in a position to do something about this situation - is part of the problem.  It tends to blunt the kind of actions that might need to be taken to actually implement solutions.  I'll say no more.

I told one of the guys here that I firmly believe that most people are three terrible incidents from finding themselves in a situation that they cannot recover from.  I don't pretend to have an answer to solve these issues.  I do know that I no longer feel safe on my commute.  I have felt as if the police have abandoned the subways and this was confirmed by the new Mayor's call to action for a stronger police presence in the subway.

My big concern is basically the broken window affect and my fear of getting pushed into the tracks.  That is not being dramatic but it is a strong possibility at times as there is a large number of mentally ill people in the system that do harass, bother, and at times lash out at commuters. 

On 1/12/2022 at 4:04 PM, Buzzetta said:

I told one of the guys here that I firmly believe that most people are three terrible incidents from finding themselves in a situation that they cannot recover from.  I don't pretend to have an answer to solve these issues.  I do know that I no longer feel safe on my commute.  I have felt as if the police have abandoned the subways and this was confirmed by the new Mayor's call to action for a stronger police presence in the subway.

My big concern is basically the broken window affect and my fear of getting pushed into the tracks.  That is not being dramatic but it is a strong possibility at times as there is a large number of mentally ill people in the system that do harass, bother, and at times lash out at commuters. 

And having a new soft on crime DA (to put it as nicely as I can to avoid a political jab) won't help at all...

Edited by CHASEnBLUE