• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,644 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2023 at 10:21 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Omelette for breakfast this morning with a couple slices of bacon❤️

I actually had bacon and eggs for dinner last night, Foggy. Went to my Mother and sister's place and it was egg night, so bacon and eggs it was. Very tasty. They had no burger buns, unfortunately, so just had it off the plate. 

Hope yours was as good as mine :cheers:

On 4/23/2023 at 11:38 AM, Cat said:
On 4/23/2023 at 7:21 AM, FoggyNelson said:

Omelette for breakfast this morning with a couple slices of bacon❤️

I actually had bacon and eggs for dinner last night, Foggy. Went to my Mother and sister's place and it was egg night, so bacon and eggs it was. Very tasty. They had no burger buns, unfortunately, so just had it off the plate. 

Hope yours was as good as mine 

We need more breakfast places by me, they've all gone away. Granted they lasted 50 years, but it must be out of fashion, same goes with country fried foods.

On 4/24/2023 at 4:44 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

We need more breakfast places by me, they've all gone away. Granted they lasted 50 years, but it must be out of fashion, same goes with country fried foods.

A country fried food plsce sounds awesome. I don't even know what they'd serve other than chicken (yuck) but I'm down for it! 

I'm down for more restaurants in general where I currently am. It's a small town so your eating choices are veeeeery limited. It's got a decent Indian place though, pretty good all things considered. You'd better like it though, because it's the only one! 

On 4/23/2023 at 5:23 PM, Cat said:

A country fried food plsce sounds awesome. I don't even know what they'd serve other than chicken (yuck) but I'm down for it! 

Everything fried. Chicken (many different ways) , Steak (chicken fried or strips) Fish (many different ways) , Green Tomatoes, Fires, Onion Rings/ straws,  Okra, Green Beens, etc. All the good ol southern specialties.  :cloud9:

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Synonym Rolls , Like Grammar Used to Make.

On 4/23/2023 at 10:07 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 4/23/2023 at 5:23 PM, Cat said:

Everything fried. Chicken (many different ways) , Steak (chicken fried or strips) Fish (many different ways) , Green Tomatoes, Fires, Onion Rings/ straws,  Okra, Green Beens, etc. All the good ol southern specialties.  :cloud9:

Some even like fried liver or its offered, but I almost forgot about the vegetables because that is true too. It definitely isn't "healthy" that may depend on if it continues or if I suggest it as a treat. I guess there is not much of that stuff in Australia? Or would that be a cool thing if you were visiting? Plus those places serve the best fluffy biscuits with butter, all fired foods with cream or brown gravy! It's almost a pastime here in the city idk

On 4/23/2023 at 10:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Some even like fried liver or its offered, but I almost forgot about the vegetables because that is true too. It definitely isn't "healthy" that may depend on if it continues or if I suggest it as a treat. I guess there is not much of that stuff in Australia? Or would that be a cool thing if you were visiting? Plus those places serve the best fluffy biscuits with butter, all fired foods with cream or brown gravy! It's almost a pastime here in the city idk

Every day life in the south. Everything comes with butter and gravy. 

On 4/24/2023 at 1:07 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

We don't have a lot of that stuff here, but it sounds good. Chicken fried steak is just crumbed steak, right? We dont fry it, I'll have to try that. 

On 4/24/2023 at 1:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yeah we don't have that stuff here, but it sounds great. Definitely would be something I'd try if I was visiting. That, and American BBQ, and proper New York pizza. New York pizza is my favourite style. 

On 4/24/2023 at 1:44 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Every day life in the south. Everything comes with butter and gravy. 

My arteries hate it, but the rest of me is going wild at the idea. 

On 4/23/2023 at 11:08 PM, Cat said:

We don't have a lot of that stuff here, but it sounds good. Chicken fried steak is just crumbed steak, right? We dont fry it, I'll have to try that. 

There are several ways to fry steak, the most common here is chicken fried steak, but my favorite here would be the fried steak strips. Think like a chicken strip but thinly sliced steak . Those with homemade ranch dressing or the white spicey gravy.. Mmmm..

Although this weekend was the Crawfish Festival.  (Not a big fan of crawfish) but when they hold a big boil and you have all of that cajun seasoning corn and potatoes all boiled together.. That Corn and Potatoes.. :cloud9: