• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,187 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2022 at 9:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

FB_IMG_1670336554992.jpg

I still don't understand why fridges need a screen. 

On 12/7/2022 at 9:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol ya mine doesn't but some people drive their house too. If it floats their boat I guess. :)

I don't need IOT everything. That way lies disaster, and updates. Oh so many updates. 

On 12/6/2022 at 5:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol ya mine doesn't but some people drive their house too. If it floats their boat I guess. :)

I didn't necessarily mean an RV

I mean refrigerators with screens would be fancy and expensive, as most modern vehicles.  While my jeep is a 98 and cost under 1k. Still the pcm is busted now after 8 years but lol

Looking at new cars I see people spend on them what could have been a house or down-payment haha

On 12/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I didn't necessarily mean an RV

I mean refrigerators with screens would be fancy and expensive, as most modern vehicles.  While my jeep is a 98 and cost under 1k. Still the pcm is busted now after 8 years but lol

Looking at new cars I see people spend on them what could have been a house or down-payment haha

On 12/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, Cat said:

I don't need IOT everything. That way lies disaster, and updates. Oh so many updates. 

Not to go over board but having a family member that is a mechanic, it's been a long time coming that they make everything electronic, of they can they do.

It just makes it more expensive and expensive to fix. :sorry:

On 12/7/2022 at 10:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not to go over board but having a family member that is a mechanic, it's been a long time coming that they make everything electronic, of they can they do.

It just makes it more expensive and expensive to fix. :sorry:

Yeah true. And it also makes it a higher skill level to fix, out of the hands of a general repairman. Also done on purpose. 

I still remember reading about someone whose fish died because their internet connected fish pump had an update and errored out, causing the fish to get too hot or cold and die. Wouldn't have happened with a normal pump, but the owner wanted the best pump for their fish, and that meant an internet-connected one.