• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,183 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2023 at 8:29 PM, Cat said:

I remember that someone managed to have a car accident with this tree once. I'm not even joking. 

yeah , the tree was 400 miles away from any other tree on Earth and people used to drive out too it and party , and a drunk driver crashed into the tree and killed it

On 4/3/2023 at 10:31 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

3 whoppers

3 fries 

3 small cheeseburgers.

Even at $2.50 or $3.00 a piece, especially burgers, still saving about $7 to $9 at all up for $17. idk it'll work out Lord willing but ya it's gone up a bit. It's weird with the coupon and all that a $5 order of 8 nuggets and a footling bmt and six cookies from subway.

Total it was all $35, which is about normal for a family of four. :)

Oh well you're right then. Sucks that it's gone up but it's still a decent deal. The King provides for you! lol

On 4/2/2023 at 7:34 PM, Cat said:

Oh well you're right then. Sucks that it's gone up but it's still a decent deal. The King provides for you! lol

Ya. My mom told me recently that she is still pre diabetes at the doctor, she tried to attribute that to the diet since I cook lol

But it's OK evidently to have cheat days haha, but ya it's tough to keep it under 40$$. We only do out to eat on weekends and dominoes on Wednesday, but I used to think that cooking at home was more expensive and I'm changing my mind somewhat lol

Actually it used to not be but is now about the same, or it is neck and neck now I'm wondering which will win. :ohnoez:

On 4/3/2023 at 10:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya. My mom told me recently that she is still pre diabetes at the doctor, she tried to attribute that to the diet since I cook lol

But it's OK evidently to have cheat days haha, but ya it's tough to keep it under 40$$. We only do out to eat on weekends and dominoes on Wednesday, but I used to think that cooking at home was more expensive and I'm changing my mind somewhat lol

Actually it used to not be but is now about the same, or it is neck and neck now I'm wondering which will win. :ohnoez:

Good for your mother! That's great news. 

It must be difficult for you guys where fast food is so cheap. That's so wrong. Don't get me wrong, it's cheap here, especially cheap pizza (looking at you Domino's) so unfortunately people look for the cheaper option, understandably, especially when they're feeding more people, aka a family, but it's nothing compared to what I've seen from you guys. Plus I have a feeling our foods have less sugar etc overall, plus we don't use HFCS, we use cane sugar, which is so much better for you. 

Good for you for leading the charge with your family though, and helping them out with cooking. You're doing a lot more than you realise by providing them with nutritious meals.