• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,260 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2023 at 12:34 PM, 1950's war comics said:

stretchy, rocky, hot and sometimes hard to see

Fantastic Four - Deluxe Steel Boxed Set

Don't even get me started on this bloody set. It was supposed to be out a whole year ago, then it got delayed to who knows when, meanwhile it's a $600 set for me, so not exactly cheap, and I've already paid an $80 deposit, so I can't just cancel it. Aaaargh! 

On 4/5/2023 at 9:53 PM, 1950's war comics said:

iv'e been trying to contribute lately ... but you must not like the contributions

I do, mate, but a lot of them are American centric, and stuff I don't understand, like that coin. I'm interested in that coin, but know nothing about it. You're right though, I should be throwing likes on it. I'm sorry. 

On 4/5/2023 at 9:00 AM, Cat said:

I do, mate, but a lot of them are American centric, and stuff I don't understand, like that coin. I'm interested in that coin, but know nothing about it. You're right though, I should be throwing likes on it. I'm sorry. 

yeah the story behind 1913 Liberty Nickel is one of the most fascinating stories of them all  , only five were made and one of them was considered lost for 50 years (in a car crash by a coin dealer) until it finally resurfaced a few years ago

On 4/5/2023 at 11:36 PM, 1950's war comics said:

yeah the story behind 1913 Liberty Nickel is one of the most fascinating stories of them all  , only five were made and one of them was considered lost for 50 years (in a car crash by a coin dealer) until it finally resurfaced a few years ago

Just read about it, the Walton specimen. Fascinating story. 

On 4/5/2023 at 9:00 AM, Cat said:

Or contribute stuff from australia,let us be confuse for a change:roflmao:

On 4/6/2023 at 2:17 AM, Namtak said:

Or contribute stuff from australia,let us be confuse for a change:roflmao:

Can you guess what this is? 

GalleryHandler.thumb.jpeg.18b6345bd59484eb4e1926f07614c63d.jpeg

I'll give you a hint. You should get this one, Nammie. His name could be Crash. 

Spoiler

That's right, he's a bandicoot. Found only in Australia and parts of New Guinea. I've only ever seen one in a zoo. They're not found in my neck of the woods, but they're lovely little guys. 

Here's another Aussie animal, this one with an Easter connection. First up, anyone know what this little guy is? 

3134.jpeg.8330a0e65b62c9bcac71626528207ffb.jpeg

Spoiler

He is a bilby. Some years ago there was a campaign to make Easter more Australian, and that involved replacing the Easter bunny with the Easter bilby. It failed, of course, but some stores still sell Easter bilbies, made by just one company, I believe. Cute little guys, aren't they?