• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Determining FMV when slabbing a page
2 2

3 posts in this topic

Hi ,  i have a few golden age coverless books and if I was thinking of breaking up the book and slabbing some of the pages, how should I go about determining FMV ? If say the book was 10k then slabbing the book would be 3% of FMV and so around 300. If the book had 30 pages , should I just divide the costs up equally ? But not all pages are equal?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  We can't really advise you on how much to list for a declared value.  That amount would be up to the individual.  It is an amount you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value of the item should it become lost or damaged while here in the office.  We generally advise people to check online to see what similar items are selling for to get an idea or you could have it appraised by a comic dealer.  If the value could vary, you may want to start off on the conservative side as CGC will not reimburse you for any overvalued item but we can bump the item up to a higher tier if our graders feel it is significantly undervalued.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!