• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody own this new(er) book Re: Steve Ditko. Worth the price?

8 posts in this topic

Sorry I've just seen that you're asking people who own the book to comment, which I don't. My bad. But...having just used the 'Look inside' feature on the amazon link, I'd say yes, it looks like a good chunk of period material. Whether that material has been made available elsewhere, I have no idea, but certainly holds my interest. 

Yes I have this book. It’s mostly a compilation of articles and sketches from early/mid 1960s fanzines relating to/by Ditko so whilst most is available elsewhere the task of getting the source material would be long and expensive. 

Worth the price? Not a substantial read for the money but invaluable for any Ditko fan (which I would guess a lot of us on these boards are) as like me there is probably very little you’ve ever seen or read elsewhere and interesting to read how Ditko was received by contemporary comic fans.  

It puts a bunch of scattered material all in one place. If that is worth $30 to you, go for it. If you are a serious Ditko fan, I don't think there is much new ground. I know this isn't something with mass appeal, but I can't get past the $30 price tag.