• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Declared value - over $400 ASM 300

25 posts in this topic

Based on the books I sent in 2021 under Modern service level and received back (during Oct, Nov and Dec) all was "normal". There were quite a few of mine that as 9.8's were over $400 but all those were under 400 if 9.6 or lower.  Not once did I receive an up-charge.  Any book that if graded lower than 9.8W is under $400, should never be up-charged if it grades a 9.8W. Assuming a 9.8W is unrealistic, something I believe CGC has always recognized

BTW to charge for a level of service not delivered is tantamount to fraud.  CGC is/was smarter than that, is Blackstone?  

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/29/2022 at 8:11 PM, MAR1979 said:

Based on the books I sent in 2021 under Modern service level and received back (during Oct, Nov and Dec) all was "normal". There were quite a few of mine that as 9.8's were over $400 but all those were under 400 if 9.6 or lower.  Not once did I receive an up-charge.  Any book that if graded lower than 9.8W is under $400, should never be up-charged if it grades a 9.8W. Assuming a 9.8W is unrealistic, something I believe CGC has always recognized

BTW to charge for a level of service not delivered is tantamount to fraud.  CGC is/was smarter than that, is Blackstone?  

I agree to all if this hence why this whole situation confuses me.

On 2/14/2023 at 11:14 AM, Mike Flannigan said:

What’s the downside to just declaring the max amount on any tier? Is there one? That’s what I can’t figure out. 

Your return shipping cost might be more than necessary 

On 1/24/2022 at 10:43 PM, William-James88 said:

I would never give a raw book a 9.8 grade

If everyone took that stance, there would be no 9.8s in existence, since every graded 9.8 out there started out as a raw book at some point.