• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OA Collecting Goals for 2022
3 3

77 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2021 at 6:57 PM, J.Sid said:

I want to join a group of investors so I can own a portion of a twice-up silver age page from a first appearance issue of some character. Character of note need not actually be on the page.

Happy to help you there. 😆 

1. JRJR DD amazing page or cover.

2. Sandman talking page.

3. Trade or sell some higher end pages and covers I have no personal great love for (usually acquired just got cause they were neat and or a great price).

4. Land a good new mutants splash or cover I never owned before.

5. Be happy with what decisions I make.

On 12/27/2021 at 7:39 AM, G.A.tor said:

My goal is always world domination. 
short of that I’d like some cool published silver surfer pages or splashes or covers  to be acquired in 2022 

I always wondered why anyone would want world domination.
You know the old saying: with great power comes great responsibility. I’d like as little responsibility as I can get away with.

Surfer pages make far more sense.

My outlook for 2022 sees more growth with a lot exuberance to the point of irrationally. I look forward to spending more time with FRIENDS & FAMILY. This year is going to take off like a gaZELLE. They say “Mo’ money, mo’ problems,” but to them I say, “VENMO money, less problems.”

On 12/27/2021 at 12:29 PM, Rick2you2 said:

I always wondered why anyone would want world domination.
You know the old saying: with great power comes great responsibility. I’d like as little responsibility as I can get away with.

Surfer pages make far more sense.

If I dominated the world I’d have all the surfer pages !!!

On 12/27/2021 at 7:39 AM, G.A.tor said:

My goal is always world domination. 
short of that I’d like some cool published silver surfer pages or splashes or covers  to be acquired in 2022 

Save some Surfer pages for me!

In no order-

ROM Spaceknight- Try and add more examples to the collection but not as high a priority as before since I have some nice pieces already. I'll probably pass on a few and choose to go after other things on my list instead if I'm lacking an example. This is more for nice A+ page content or splashes and covers. Basically stuff I can't pass up.

Marvel Fanfare pinups- I've lost out on a few this past year but was able to at least pick one up and am hoping to get at least double that for this year. They come to market but because the characters and artists vary so much prices are all over the place.

Moon Knight- I sold my only Sienks example a little while back and haven't been able to find the right or affordable piece by him since to replace it where I'm willing to go after it. Besides the original series I'm looking at a lot of stuff from his other runs and appearances like in Spectacular Spider-man. With the show being out soon even with the price bump it will bring I'm hoping to snag a nice example to add to what I have.

Darkhawk- Would love a nice action page in costume or a cover by Manley.

Batman Long Halloween page- A big leap since prices have really gone up for it but something I've wanted for a while now and have almost won before.

Deadpool- Mainly action pages from his first two limited series (which were all sold on heritage) and covers from his first series.

Other than that just specific pieces I've wanted. As always if you have something you might be interested in selling and see on here feel free to reach out.

Edited by DeadpoolJr.

Latest strikeout: artist doesn’t sell his work. Prior strikeout: bloody digital work only. Last commission ordered: MIA.

Phantom Stranger images by artists I don’t have and is nicely done. Getting hard to find at FMV, or a little higher.

I may start refocusing on Romance art. Not so much the art which interests me as the cheesy dialog and melodramatic expressions. I love a good laugh, and this stuff beats Humorama, etc. every time.

Edited by Rick2you2