• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private Signing - George Pérez
10 10

62 posts in this topic

• Administrator
We have a major announcement for comic fans today! We will be hosting the legendary George Pérez for one final signing with CGC. Pérez will only be offering signatures this time around due to his health. In addition, we've partnered with George to create a custom label featuring his self portrait that you can add on to your books, with all proceeds from the labels going directly to George and his estate. You have until Monday, January 31 to get in on this incredible signing. Click the link below for all the submission details.

PEREZ__SIGNING_SIGNING_ARTICLE_1.jpg

On 12/31/2021 at 2:04 AM, chammell said:

I want to get the custom George Perez label but there doesn't seem to be a way to add that to the cart. There are two other custom labels but not the George Perez one.

Might be an issue with the site.  I was successful in adding the label. The first was easy but when you added another comic, adding the custom label was odd to do so.  You had to select one of the others which enabled the scrolling to be available to find his label at the end.  

It's odd- the custom label doesn't seem to pop-up when I lookup any of the JLA/Avengers issues, but does work for pretty much every other Perez title that I've added.  Can anyone else confirm this?

I am trying to send in some already CGC Slabbed books (Blue Label) for this signing but when you select the resubmit box it doesn't give you the option to add the custom label. Same is true if you ask for a custom label with reholder. Anyone else figure this out yet. I'll try to give customer support a call tomorrow morning and see what they say. 

I have No issues with adding the label to raw books just cant find a way to add the custom label to resubmitted slabs (Blue Label) I'm trying to get signed and regraded. 

I already have some of my favorite DC books signed by the Legendary Mr. George Perez but I will be sending down 3 more for him sign that is if he is still healthy....I wish to hell I could send more down to support him and his family.  If the Canadian dollar was equal to the American dollar it would be a different story.  Books I'm sending down,  Action Comics #645 which was the first appearance of Maxima, Teen Titans #1(the teenagers that had a young Atom on the team. :) ) and The Brave and the Bold #4, when else could you see an image of Supergirl riding off with Lobo's bike on the cover?????  Soooooo many other DC covers I would have loved to send down but I can't :(  I'm sure that the 3 books will come back less than 9.8 especially the Action Comics book, I read that alot back in the day cause it has a great story and artwork.

Also the other books he signed of mine through CGC, he used a black marker.....I was trying to take that into account when I was picking what I wanted him to sign,  it's amazing how many covers had alot of black background....

Guess tomorrow being monday, I will be packing them up to ship them off.

GeorgeP_0001.jpg

GeorgeP_0002.jpg

GeorgeP_0003.jpg

On 12/30/2021 at 11:04 PM, chammell said:

I want to get the custom George Perez label but there doesn't seem to be a way to add that to the cart. There are two other custom labels but not the George Perez one.

I’m having the same issue, the custom label pops up for most of his books but for JLA/Avengers you only get 2 options but not the Perez custom label.

On 1/2/2022 at 4:46 PM, Darrell stephen said:

I am trying to send in some already CGC Slabbed books (Blue Label) for this signing but when you select the resubmit box it doesn't give you the option to add the custom label. Same is true if you ask for a custom label with reholder. Anyone else figure this out yet. I'll try to give customer support a call tomorrow morning and see what they say. 

I have No issues with adding the label to raw books just cant find a way to add the custom label to resubmitted slabs (Blue Label) I'm trying to get signed and regraded. 

I'm having the same problem and I called into their customer service (and sent them an email also).  They just said they are aware of the problem and to recheck the site in two hours or so.....that was 5 hours ago.

Did you find a solution?

I might just enter my regrade as a normal raw book because that way I know I can get the GP Custom Label.

On 1/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, j0emama said:

I'm having the same problem and I called into their customer service (and sent them an email also).  They just said they are aware of the problem and to recheck the site in two hours or so.....that was 5 hours ago.

Did you find a solution?

I might just enter my regrade as a normal raw book because that way I know I can get the GP Custom Label.

That is what I did as it seemed to be the only way to select the GP Label.  The deadline is quickly approaching and I wanted to make sure my book arrives on time.

On 1/12/2022 at 1:18 PM, Scott Carola said:

I'd like to submit comics, but the CGC window bags are on backorder.  Is there a way to bag the comics in a way that CGC will accept since there is a supply issue with the bags?

This is the thread on how to create your own window bags:

I have sent off about 10 books for signature series events and they all had window bags I made myself so there shouldn't be a problem.

I sent in an already graded book (Astonishing Tales 25) but assumed the custom label was included, didn't know I had to check something :facepalm:... Can I call in to ask that they add it or is too late once they have the book already? It's also my first time doing a Sig event

On 1/12/2022 at 3:02 PM, dikran1 said:

I sent in an already graded book (Astonishing Tales 25) but assumed the custom label was included, didn't know I had to check something :facepalm:... Can I call in to ask that they add it or is too late once they have the book already? It's also my first time doing a Sig event

per CGC: No change requests will be accepted after Monday, January 31, 2022.

best course of action is to call them with your order info prior to that deadline and see if they can amend it for you

On 1/17/2022 at 3:25 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

per CGC: No change requests will be accepted after Monday, January 31, 2022.

best course of action is to call them with your order info prior to that deadline and see if they can amend it for you

Well that didn't work, I feel terrible :frown:

I don't see what the big deal is to just click a check box after the fact, but oh well, sorry Mr. Perez

On 1/18/2022 at 2:03 PM, dikran1 said:

Well that didn't work, I feel terrible :frown:

I don't see what the big deal is to just click a check box after the fact, but oh well, sorry Mr. Perez

yeah, I guess if they have received it already no changes can be done

unfortunate but can't expect them to be changing things on the fly especially given how out of order their house already is

Can I cancel or change my order after my submission has been delivered to CGC?

Once your submission has been delivered to CGC, your order cannot be cancelled or changed. CGC has already started working on your submission to perform your requested services. No refunds can be given after a submission has been delivered.

https://www.cgccomics.com/about/help-center-faqs/submitting-to-cgc/general-submission-faqs/#:~:text=Can I cancel or change,a submission has been delivered.