• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private Signing - George Pérez
10 10

62 posts in this topic

Has CGC commented on the homemade window bags at all? I want to do it because I really want to submit a copy of Avengers/JLA #4 but I’m worried about CGC rejecting the book and not presenting it to George Perez.

Also, I know the normal rule for submissions is not to include anything other than the comic itself like a Certificate of Authenticity and CGC tosses the polybag if the book still is sealed in it. However, due to special and sensitive nature of Mr. Perez’s in-house signing event will CGC allow a card or note of appreciation/encouragement written to Mr. Perez? Beyond hosting this event, I’m hope CGC will pass along fans’ messages of love and support.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:57 PM, Slade Wilson said:

Has CGC commented on the homemade window bags at all? I want to do it because I really want to submit a copy of Avengers/JLA #4 but I’m worried about CGC rejecting the book and not presenting it to George Perez.

They don't care as long as it's a window bag.

BTW, I've never used a pre-made window bag. Always make my own so I can choose where the signature is.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:57 PM, Slade Wilson said:

Also, I know the normal rule for submissions is not to include anything other than the comic itself like a Certificate of Authenticity and CGC tosses the polybag if the book still is sealed in it. However, due to special and sensitive nature of Mr. Perez’s in-house signing event will CGC allow a card or note of appreciation/encouragement written to Mr. Perez? Beyond hosting this event, I’m hope CGC will pass along fans’ messages of love and support.

I put a note of thanks in there with my submission.  I felt like if they toss it they toss it.  If not, then Mr. Perez will be encouraged.

I'm just concerned because it's been delivered, but not showing up as being opened yet.  I'm new so it's probably just how it is right now.

I know the submission cut-off was January 31, 2022, but is there a date for the actual signing?  Just wondering if I've got three weeks or three months before my books' statuses start changing on my submission list  :)  

On 2/2/2022 at 8:12 PM, djzombi said:

I know the submission cut-off was January 31, 2022, but is there a date for the actual signing?  Just wondering if I've got three weeks or three months before my books' statuses start changing on my submission list  :)  

no, keep an eye on CGC's social media sites as they tend to give word when they are close to the week/date of the actual signing

given the unfortunate circumstances they probably want to have this completed sooner than later

On 2/2/2022 at 6:12 PM, djzombi said:

In most cases, the signing is usually 10 weeks after deadline.

I know Perez has had other signings in FL over the last few weeks. I would bet that he starts this one pretty quickly but there are going to be a lot of books, I sent 13 myself. I would think this will be a multi-day event due to his health and eyesight, and might even be spread out over a month or two.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:12 PM, djzombi said:

I was told it was happening on 2/14

• Administrator
On 2/6/2022 at 11:58 AM, scotthalterman said:

My book was received by CGC per tracking, but it's still not listed in submissions. Is this normal for a signing event? I'm just worried it gets missed.

If we have received your book, I think you will be all set for the signing.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, sevans1979 said:

Per George Perez’s Facebook he is in the hospital the the signing is being postponed indefinitely. Not sure if Cgc has officially postponed it or not. I wish him well :(

Hopefully he gets what he needs to treat his infection and is able to recover as best he can.

On 2/14/2022 at 12:04 PM, sevans1979 said:

This has been officially canceled per a email from CGC. I’m bummed but most importantly I hope he gets better and gets to be with his family and friends 

I have yet to see the email from CGC. Last one I got was submission accepted. Anyone else not have the email yet?