• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private Signing - George Pérez
10 10

62 posts in this topic

Got the email from them around Feb. 18th cancelling the signing, stating a member of the signature series team would be in touch which as of today is NADA. 

About a week later, they deposited my check for two books and labels ($165).  Now, I am out money and my books.  I don't blame George as this was a benefit to help cover his medical, but CGC should have had a ready fallback plan to get raws back to people ASAP and for those still getting them graded and slabbed, only charge the normal grading price.   I contacted them via the contact form on their website, vented my displeasure, and still nothing.

I should have put a stop payment on my check the minute they announced it was cancelled.  All of you who paid credit card should file a dispute with your credit card issuer so that you are not responsible for paying the charge while CGC gets its cover art out of its back page.  I have had to spend the past two months dealing with screwed up pay checks where my employer has switched payroll platforms and zero communication.  CGC is doing the same and losing customers in the process. 

I sent in two books for this signing (one raw and one graded).  They were marked as "Received by CCS" about a week ago and I got my email with options this afternoon.  I was worried as it seemed like they were sorting out the non-pressed books first but it looks like they have made their way to the pressed lot.

Just thought I would add my timeline information so people get a better idea of how things are progressing.

On 3/10/2022 at 3:04 PM, blpadge2 said:

Got the email from them around Feb. 18th cancelling the signing, stating a member of the signature series team would be in touch which as of today is NADA. 

About a week later, they deposited my check for two books and labels ($165).  Now, I am out money and my books.  I don't blame George as this was a benefit to help cover his medical, but CGC should have had a ready fallback plan to get raws back to people ASAP and for those still getting them graded and slabbed, only charge the normal grading price.   I contacted them via the contact form on their website, vented my displeasure, and still nothing.

I should have put a stop payment on my check the minute they announced it was cancelled.  All of you who paid credit card should file a dispute with your credit card issuer so that you are not responsible for paying the charge while CGC gets its cover art out of its back page.  I have had to spend the past two months dealing with screwed up pay checks where my employer has switched payroll platforms and zero communication.  CGC is doing the same and losing customers in the process. 

Emailed CGC last night at both privatesignings@cgccomics.com and signatureseries@cgccomics.com 

"CGC,

Below is the email I received from you a month ago regarding the cancellation of the George Perez event.

It has been a month, and I have yet to receive a follow up email from the signature series team regarding my options, but I know that others have already been contacted.

Worse my $165 check to cover submission 4010331 was deposited and cleared my bank on 2/23 after the cancellation was announced.  To me that is a very shady business practice, and had I known you would deposit my check after the cancellation was announced, I would contacted my bank and had a stop payment issued.  Had I paid by credit card I would have filed a dispute by now.

My books are currently listed as scheduled for grading which I do not understand since I have yet to be contacted by you regarding how I want to proceed.

Currently, you have lost a customer, and I am filing a complaint with the BBB."

signatureseries@cgccomics.com sent this response today

"Hey there,

If you submitted to the Private Signing for George Perez, you should be receiving Options for your submission from our Private Signings e-Mail:
We ask for your patience until you receive an e-Mail regarding the George Perez Private Signing Options for your submission(s). We are working methodically through all submissions and we will reach out once we process your chosen Option(s). 
Thank you, in-advance, for your understanding as we work our way to your order and email you from our other e-Mail address:
If you have already received an e-Mail from with Options from our Private Signings e-Mail, we would ask for your patience as we respond to all received e-Mails. 
Thank You,

CGC Signature Series Department"

I sent three books for signing/pressing and requested a split between option 1 of sending the book to be graded and option 2 in forwarding books to the Marv Wolfman signing. Email was sent maybe two weeks ago. In that time I haven't gotten confirmation from CGC if they would approve my request. I understand the signing department is swamped with books, but just wished they would have the courtesy to even respond to my message. The last thing I want is for some miscommunication to screw something up and some additional transparency could catch a mistake before it happens. 

Timeline:

March 11 - Received email from CGC notifying of George Perez signing cancellation. I respond on the same day requesting Option 1 and Option 2.

March 17 - Sent follow up email to CGC as I did not receive a response.

Only so much Mike can do. 

This all is on the CGC Signature Team. 

They obviously can not handle the issue. 

I do understand they were not prepared for it to happen this way, but it looks like many of those who sent in book under the impression that they might have an 8 week TAT now will be lucky if they even get a response to emails within 8 weeks. 

With that said some other have hit the lottery and already have their books and custom labels back. 

CGC needs to really reevaluate and get their chit together .

They do not need to keep adding to what they can not handle. 

I’m actually okay with the wait time, but it is the lack of transparency and communication that has me concerned. On the rare occasion CGC has made a mistake with me, they have gone above and beyond to correct the mistake, but mistakes happen. Given the circumstances of this signing, I wouldn’t be surprised if a mistake did happen because there are so many situations and cases that can happen. I would rather wait a few weeks longer and have CGC do the job correctly then have to wait even longer to fix the mistake.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:51 PM, W. M. said:

I sent three books for signing/pressing and requested a split between option 1 of sending the book to be graded and option 2 in forwarding books to the Marv Wolfman signing. Email was sent maybe two weeks ago. In that time I haven't gotten confirmation from CGC if they would approve my request. I understand the signing department is swamped with books, but just wished they would have the courtesy to even respond to my message. The last thing I want is for some miscommunication to screw something up and some additional transparency could catch a mistake before it happens. 

Timeline:

March 11 - Received email from CGC notifying of George Perez signing cancellation. I respond on the same day requesting Option 1 and Option 2.

March 17 - Sent follow up email to CGC as I did not receive a response.

Just to follow up, got the confirmation today that CGC approved the request. Pretty much the response I was waiting for.

Anyone get their Wolfman's back that were moved over from the Perez signing? I received my straight submissions to Wolfman signing last month but the two that were moved over from Perez to Wolfman are still "Scheduled for Grading" and will be falling off submission tracking shortly as they will hit the 8-month mark.