• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on Autographed Books without CGC coa
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I have a large collection of IP autos from many artists. I wanted to send a few Books into CGC to get graded. Can I pay extra to have CGC verify the signature of the book and then grade it? I dont want to get the book back with the dreaded "NAME WRITTEN IN INK ON BOOK" label. If not is there ANY other workaround for this? I dread sending my business off to CBCS....but I fear my Stan Lee and John Beatty books may have to go there just to get authenticated and slabbed. Thanks in advance everyone happy new year ;-)

On 1/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, MrPcfixer said:

I have a large collection of IP autos from many artists. I wanted to send a few Books into CGC to get graded. Can I pay extra to have CGC verify the signature of the book and then grade it? I dont want to get the book back with the dreaded "NAME WRITTEN IN INK ON BOOK" label. If not is there ANY other workaround for this? I dread sending my business off to CBCS....but I fear my Stan Lee and John Beatty books may have to go there just to get authenticated and slabbed. Thanks in advance everyone happy new year ;-)

They will not verify the signatures and there are no work arounds. 

You'll likely get a qualified label with a note. 

You can probably request that they just grade the books blue label with the signatures counted as defects.  

but there’s no cgc options for verification.  

On 1/1/2022 at 1:53 PM, KCOComics said:

They will not verify the signatures and there are no work arounds. 

You'll likely get a qualified label with a note. 

On 1/1/2022 at 4:00 PM, revat said:

You can probably request that they just grade the books blue label with the signatures counted as defects.  

but there’s no cgc options for verification.  

And IF they honor the request and give a blue label instead of green it will still say "NAME WRITTEN ON COVER IN MARKER" (Or pen, pencil, whatever)  Sometimes it will say "STAN LEE WRITTEN ON COVER IN MARKER" but still no authentication.

On 1/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, MrPcfixer said:

If not is there ANY other workaround for this? I dread sending my business off to CBCS....but I fear my Stan Lee and John Beatty books may have to go there just to get authenticated and slabbed. Thanks in advance everyone happy new year ;-)

Yeah CGC does not verify signatures. If you're trying to sell the books than CBCS is your best option. But if you're just keeping the books for your personal collection and don't want them in a CBCS slab, I would just just keep them raw (thumbsu