• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

They'd already well and truly solved the Shuma-Gorath thing, there was no need to can him completely, so I REALLY doubt that's it. That would make no sense at this stage. 

The net that contains insufficiently_thoughtful_persons gets bigger, no matter what they call themselves. 

Have to keep perspective and understand, they are still the MINORITY, trying very hard to present themselves as the majority. 

Just tell them to suck it at every juncture 

I have no problem at all with Ms Marvel's costume. Part of the point is that she's a kid trying to be what she thinks a superhero is, so dressing up in a goofy homemade costume fits perfectly. 

I don't like the idea of changing her powers, though. There's a lot of metaphorical stuff going on with her body being weird and how it corresponds with her body image, and her image of her personal identity. In the comics, the first time her powers manifest, she shape shifts into Carol Danvers because Carol is strong and beautiful, yes, but also because she is blonde and white. And then Kamala has to work through why she instinctively did that, why she feels that's what she needs to look like to be a hero and be accepted. 

That was one of the most powerful parts of her first story arc and I'd hate to lose it for some knockoff Green Lantern crud.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:23 AM, bentbryan said:

You know this really screws up silver brains plans for the future leader of the Avengers! 

*PANIC MODE ENABLED* 

I like Brie Larson. But more in other roles than this right now.

But this interview felt like more of the same MCU reactions from her, and was not a very good idea with her publicist.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Why does she have to act like that?

The correct answer is: "I'm not sure, but I would love to do it for as long as it makes sense for the character."

But, no, we get an entitled and defensive response. Being an introvert doesn't mean that you're a b***h.

Well, to be fair, if you are very aware of things people say about you online and perceive you to be something you're not, thats the most neutral and honest answer you can give 

I say this not understanding why people hate her

On 9/12/2022 at 11:38 AM, The Meta said:

I say this not understanding why people hate her

People don't like Brie Larson for the exact reason as her personality in that interview. She's insufferable.

People dunk on Cavill's Superman online all of the time. He's not a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed about it. He's also a likeable person. lol

On 9/12/2022 at 9:44 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

People don't like Brie Larson for the exact reason as her personality in that interview. She's insufferable.

People dunk on Cavill's Superman online all of the time. He's not a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed about it. He's also a likeable person. lol

Ah I see

Well its all her fault shes different 

Wow, what a moran I am to not have seen it. 

I will start hating her post haste

Dating. I meant dating