• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a-ha’s “Take on Me” a comic book in a video…
1 1

17 posts in this topic

It’s sketch animation, but done in a pencilled style, so a good point raised actually.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/2/2022 at 9:27 PM, Ken Aldred said:

It’s sketch animation, but done in a pencilled style, so a good point raised actually.

Thanks because this point has caused me to ponder about the comic book inside the video. It’s an actually comic boom from what we can see. The question I have putting aside the animation part of the video is whether the comic book and panels we see inside it qualify to make it the most viewed comic book in history? 

Edited by bronze johnny

Clearly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, the concept of the video and animation was first, then a prop comic (not Carrot Top) was made.  It's possible only the pages that were made to be visible on-screen were drawn and printed - i.e. that if you were to acquire the prop, it wouldn't contain a complete story.  

I would love to find out what happened to that prop.  

On 1/16/2022 at 4:01 PM, James J Johnson said:

Very slick when the drummer "cuts" (halves) time during bars 9 through 12 of each chorus causing that momentary break in propulsion! Very nice effect not often done in pop. (worship)

It is a nice effect. I don't know much about it all, but I trust you, being that you're an expert on bars, or at least one side of them.