• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman vs Cyclops
3 3

26 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2022 at 8:13 AM, Lazyboy said:

Eye force-blasts? I can't think of anyone earlier than Cyclops for that. (shrug)

Yes I did some research Superman used x ray vision to heat stuff and melt it.The first time Superman used heat Vision to attack a villain was against brainiac.Early silver age is when Superman really started to get more powerful.

Edited by Bo1983

On 1/3/2022 at 5:34 PM, Bo1983 said:

I know Superman was the first superhero with heat vision but was cyclops the first superhero to utilize that power in comics?

Cyclops' eye-blasts are concussive, so there is a difference. I also don't really understand the question. 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:34 AM, Bo1983 said:

I know Superman was the first superhero with heat vision but was cyclops the first superhero to utilize that power in comics?

I’m with @Mecha_Fantasticon this one…the question doesn’t make sense. 

Cyclops doesn’t have heat vision, but assuming he did for the sake of argument, you’re asking if he’s the first one to use “that power”…even though you stated Superman was the first one to do so in the question. ???

What exactly are you asking?  Who was the first superhero to shoot concussive blasts from his/her eyes?  If so, leave Superman out of the question entirely.

Side note, this always bothered me about X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  They gave Cyclops’ and later Deadpool’s optic blasts heat vision properties (singed school building, red hot adamantium claws) after doing a pretty decent job with the beams in the first 3 movies.  That, and pretty much everything that happened after the montage of Wolverine and Sabretooth in various wars.  The movie was decent up until that point.  

On 1/3/2022 at 5:58 PM, D84 said:

Superman's farts are nuclear. 

I always wondered if, especially when flying through space, he used this as a propulsion system. It would be quite useful.

Being British, this did occur to me.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/4/2022 at 9:32 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I always wondered if, especially when flying through space, he used this as a propulsion system. It would be quite useful.

Being British, this did occur to me.

I've wondered that myself. It would explain why in the movies his cape moves in space.

On 1/4/2022 at 8:26 AM, Turtle said:

I’m with @Mecha_Fantasticon this one…the question doesn’t make sense. 

Cyclops doesn’t have heat vision, but assuming he did for the sake of argument, you’re asking if he’s the first one to use “that power”…even though you stated Superman was the first one to do so in the question. ???

What exactly are you asking?  Who was the first superhero to shoot concussive blasts from his/her eyes?  If so, leave Superman out of the question entirely.

Side note, this always bothered me about X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  They gave Cyclops’ and later Deadpool’s optic blasts heat vision properties (singed school building, red hot adamantium claws) after doing a pretty decent job with the beams in the first 3 movies.  That, and pretty much everything that happened after the montage of Wolverine and Sabretooth in various wars.  The movie was decent up until that point.  

I’m sorry I should have been more detailed in my question.What I was trying to ask was who was the first superhero to use there eyes as a weapon against villains.

Edited by Bo1983

On 1/4/2022 at 5:43 PM, Bo1983 said:

I’m sorry I should have been more detailed in my question.What I was trying to ask was who was the first superhero to use there eyes as a weapon against villains.

5.gif.f986b14d73b23c316203e7e2012367fc.gif