• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 10 Color Touch

5 posts in this topic

I have a question about 'color touch' ... I had this book graded 15 years ago and had it for some time before that. I was surprised, disappointed, etc., when it was returned with a purple label and at a 4.0 grade.

Is this something CGC restoration removal services would remedy without damaging the book? There are no grader notes and I don't even know where the color touch is. 

image.png.f2b5d479ea5f97d67c8323b81fbaf7b3.png

image.thumb.png.697d3ecf654c1ebd319db39e29785070.png

image.png

Here is what I know...

CGC can remove colour touch. If it is a lot of colour touch and stands a chance of severly downgrading a book (ex. A Hulk 181 CGC 9.2 with colour touch getting knocked down to a 6.5 if it was removed), they will tell you and not bother.

Now, your book is a 4.0. Chances are the touch is somewhere where there is red or black (or along the spine possibly although this being an offwhite background cover, I don't know why someone would colour touch the spine but you never know!). They will scrape it off so if it is in the main area of the book you will see that. As for how hard a hit it might take, well slight suggest maybe a spot so it may just be one area. There is a decent chance your book could still maintain a 4.0 grade. Or if getting bumped, maybe down to a 3.5

On a book of this value IMO it would be easier and cheaper to just find a unrestored copy your happy with and sell this one. Off set the cost and come out ahead with the same or better looking book, compared to spending the time/money to downgrade this one with removal and all the costs.