• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private Signing - Brian Michael Bendis & Mark Bagley
3 3

39 posts in this topic

Let's do the math.  Signing occurred in Portland last week of March.  Assume they completed signing all, they will have to bring the books back to FL and the clock will start.  Let's assume books are sorted and ready this week.  Typically it will take 6-8 weeks as stated and those are only weekdays, not weekends,  longer time if you include pressing so that puts completion sometime in late June / early July.

On 4/7/2022 at 3:05 PM, waynemel said:

Let's do the math.  Signing occurred in Portland last week of March.  Assume they completed signing all, they will have to bring the books back to FL and the clock will start.  Let's assume books are sorted and ready this week.  Typically it will take 6-8 weeks as stated and those are only weekdays, not weekends,  longer time if you include pressing so that puts completion sometime in late June / early July.

My Bagley non-press books just shipped.  I think they messed up on the signing date on the label, because it was listed as 3/4.  The submission deadline was also 3/4 and my books were not "received" until 3/7, so unless they had Steve Rogers take my books back to the past, 3/4 doesn't seem possible.

Edited by somewhereintexas

On 4/9/2022 at 12:22 PM, somewhereintexas said:

My Bagley non-press books just shipped.  I think they messed up on the signing date on the label, because it was listed as 3/4.  The submission deadline was also 3/4 and my books were not "received" until 3/7, so unless they had Steve Rogers take my books back to the past, 3/4 doesn't seem possible.

My Bendis non pressed book was marked as shipped Friday, though they still haven't given it to Fedex yet. And I had the same deal as you, where it said signed on 3/4 but my book was marked as received in submission tracking til 3/10.

On 4/11/2022 at 8:03 AM, Skippeydoo said:

My Bendis non pressed book was marked as shipped Friday, though they still haven't given it to Fedex yet. And I had the same deal as you, where it said signed on 3/4 but my book was marked as received in submission tracking til 3/10.

Did you retain the same grade?

@CGC Mike

I just had a phone service rep tell me that my book isn't signed and that no ones is, that the signing for Bagely hasn't taken place yet?

Absurd, they posted on Facebook that it happened or so I thought?

I'm nervous, with the QC on UF4 books being what it is, I'm not sure what to do ... :( 

• Administrator
On 4/21/2022 at 1:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@CGC Mike

I just had a phone service rep tell me that my book isn't signed and that no ones is, that the signing for Bagely hasn't taken place yet?

I'm nervous, with the QC on UF4 books being what it is, I'm not sure what to do ... :( 

I will check into this.  

On 4/21/2022 at 12:09 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 4/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I will check into this.  

I called back and spoke to someone else, they confirmed what I knew that it happened about 3 weeks ago, and maybe the reason "she didn't know" was because it isn't back from pressing lol 

NOW I understand how that could be misleading for her, but she had put me on hold to "talk to the signature series departement" and came back with that last post full or worry for me.

I'm sure she did the best she can, but I almost flipped right out of my chair :roflmao: 

• Administrator
On 4/21/2022 at 1:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I called back and spoke to someone else, they confirmed what I knew that it happened about 3 weeks ago, and maybe the reason "she didn't know" was because it isn't back from pressing lol 

NOW I understand how that could be misleading for her, but she had put me on hold to "talk to the signature series departement" and came back with that last post full or worry for me.

I'm sure she did the best she can, but I almost flipped right out of my chair :roflmao: 

(thumbsu

On 5/21/2022 at 2:27 PM, SergeyS said:

It's been three months and my comic hasn't been signed. how long should I wait?

What makes you think your books are not signed?  What status is it in?  I received 1 back already and still waiting for another which is SFG status. 

Anyone else getting their books pressed at CCS for the Bendis/Bagley event and see any updates? Mine still shows received at CCS but its been like that for quite some time? I see others commenting their books are coming back to them but sounds like those were not being pressed? Thanks

On 5/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, deadprez said:

Anyone else getting their books pressed at CCS for the Bendis/Bagley event and see any updates? Mine still shows received at CCS but its been like that for quite some time? I see others commenting their books are coming back to them but sounds like those were not being pressed? Thanks

I had both pressed at CCS.  I got one back and the other is SFG status.  Only difference for the 2 is one has a special label while other which I received already did not.  Doubt that is it, just an observation

If it matters, I finally got an update for my Terry Austin signing which I had pressed and it finally moved to SFG today from CCS.  Went to CCS in 2/22 so it took a while.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:54 PM, waynemel said:

I had both pressed at CCS.  I got one back and the other is SFG status.  Only difference for the 2 is one has a special label while other which I received already did not.  Doubt that is it, just an observation

If it matters, I finally got an update for my Terry Austin signing which I had pressed and it finally moved to SFG today from CCS.  Went to CCS in 2/22 so it took a while.

The Bendis without the Special label have shipped. The one Bendis with the special label is stuck on SFG. Both were pressed both started SFG on the same day.

Edited by catch21

Rep at CGC notified me that it looks like Bendis still has not sign my books but both books listed at CCS for pressing. She said they'd be expedited as soon as he signed them but had no idea when that would be.

She seemed very confused by the entire process so I'm hoping she is just clueless but considering it took her a day to get back to me to confirm her facts has me worried this will be a much longer process. Anyone else dealing with this or something similar?