• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie Scenes That Live in Your Head Rent-Free? (All-Film Appreciation Thread)
5 5

177 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2022 at 10:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

Wanted

I really need to watch that movie again! The books were so great, and so different from the movie, that I zoned out when I watched this the first time. If anyone hasn't read the WANTED series, it's awesome. 

I was actually in Prague on a study abroad when they were filming a portion of this movie. A classmate of mine took a group of us out to this incredible Indian food restaurant for dinner one night. Near the end of our dinner I hear the most distinguished voice, one of my all-time favorites, say "I'll take a Gin & Tonic please"...I immediately turned around...freaking Morgan Freeman sitting at the table next to me!! Awesome experience

On 1/5/2022 at 12:41 PM, AGGIEZ said:

These 3 immediately come to mind...

1. The Matrix bullet dodging, then bullet stopping scenes (actually so many in the Matrix!)
  2. Seven's 'what's in the box!' scene
  3. Starlord's dance scene in GOTG

I was trying to think of a different scene from Se7en earlier. The cod piece vs hooker hit a bell, but I don't often think of scenes from Se7en; The whole movie itself is one of my favorites.

I personally close-to-hate the dance-off in GotG. The movie is so fantastic, but that part of the finale just cuts all of the tension and makes Ronan look like a complete and utter fool with no conviction.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:13 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I was trying to think of a different scene from Se7en earlier. The cod piece vs hooker hit a bell, but I don't often think of scenes from Se7en; The whole movie itself is one of my favorites.

I personally close-to-hate the dance-off in GotG. The movie is so fantastic, but that part of the finale just cuts all of the tension and makes Ronan look like a complete and utter fool with no conviction.

Agree on Seven. I'm not typically in to those types of movies, but that one was awesome

On GoTG, I hate the dance scene with Ronan at the end of the movie...cringy. I'm referring to the Starlord dance scene at the beginning of the movie when he's going to scavenge, kicking the space rats, and Korath stops him. I had just read all of the Annihilation books and was really in to Marvel cosmic stories at the time...seeing Starlord come to life warmed my heart! I had a smile on my face, minus the one 'ugh' with the dance scene at the end, for the entire movie. 

On 1/5/2022 at 1:19 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Agree on Seven. I'm not typically in to those types of movies, but that one was awesome

On GoTG, I hate the dance scene with Ronan at the end of the movie...cringy. I'm referring to the Starlord dance scene at the beginning of the movie when he's going to scavenge, kicking the space rats, and Korath stops him. I had just read all of the Annihilation books and was really in to Marvel cosmic stories at the time...seeing Starlord come to life warmed my heart! I had a smile on my face, minus the one 'ugh' with the dance scene at the end, for the entire movie. 

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Fair enough. :)

On 1/5/2022 at 1:29 PM, ExNihilo said:

"It's not possible"

"No.  It's necessary"

I feel like Interstellar doesn't get enough attention because it's overshadowed by Nolan's other magnificent films, but it's a beautiful film.  My only complaint was the end when he goes into the black hole.  The rest of the film goes to reasonable lengths to be "accurate" enough, but the black hole was just too far fetched.  In my head canon Cooper dies in that moment and the rest of the film is the imagination of a dying man in his final seconds.  After all, they did say that when a person dies, the last thing he thinks about are his loved ones.

A spine-chilling quote.

I agree that the end feels somewhat out of place. I understood the way it tied-into the story, but never got how the black hole/tesseract was created and placed by humanity? I would think that I missed something if I hadn't seen it multiple times.

Somehow, I had no idea this was going to happen.  My daughter says my face was transported with joy in the theatre.  I still smile and laugh every time I watch on TV or streaming.  Unfortunately, this clip doesn't have the Cap/Bucky/Scott dialogue preceding.  Everything about this small section of this movie including the music works for me.