• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Infinite Crisis #3 (Perez Cover); Results in!
5 5

15 posts in this topic

If that is a scrape/scuff mark next to Wonder Woman’s leg on the cover, it could get knocked down to 9.2 range, I’d guess.  Hard to tell (on my phone here, and pic 1 looks a little different from pic 5).  Rest looks pretty clean.

On 1/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, Axelrod said:

If that is a scrape/scuff mark next to Wonder Woman’s leg on the cover, it could get knocked down to 9.2 range, I’d guess.  Hard to tell (on my phone here, and pic 1 looks a little different from pic 5).  Rest looks pretty clean.

Thanks for the feedback on this and the other issues.  I don't think I'm seeing what you're seeing next to her leg, can you point out exactly where it is, and I can double check the comic?

On 1/6/2022 at 3:26 PM, charmait said:

Thanks for the feedback on this and the other issues.  I don't think I'm seeing what you're seeing next to her leg, can you point out exactly where it is, and I can double check the comic?

Well - on my phone - if you look at the edge of the comic, right on the spine, but approximately level with the middle of her leg, there is a whitish area that (when expanded) looks like a scuff.  But it looks different in pic 1 than it does in pic 5 (it is larger in pic 5) so it might just be an artifact of the angle the pic was taken at and/or my phone resolution.  

Edit: if that is not a scuff, then it looks like an easy 9.6 to me, and I don't know what those other graders are smoking :nyah: (he says, with zero grading expertise.  But I'm decently good at guessing what CGC results will be!)

Edited by Axelrod

On 3/16/2022 at 2:09 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

I'm sorry but I know people don't agree with me but it sure looks like it is a whole lot easier these days to get a 9.8

I'm very glad for you.

Oh, you’re not wrong…it’s the way of CGC these days.  My last, and final, batch of slabs had two 9.8’s that shouldn't have been.  One had obvious ink-breaking spine ticks, the other had an obvious finger bend on the FC that wasn’t there when I sent it in.  :pullhair:

On 3/17/2022 at 2:55 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

I don't care if the wait is 1 year or 2 years....there has never been a better time to slab comics  then right now. Dust off your books and send them in and watch the 9.8's roll in.

:facepalm:

I was glad to see the 9.8, as that's what my guess was from looking.  Maybe a 9.6 for some micro abrasions along the edges.  Then I read all the 9.0's and 9.2's and really doubted my grading skills.  "What am I missing?"  I don't have an issue with that as 9.8.