• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RECEIVED BY CGC ON 6/3/2021 … CURRENT STATUS ON 1/6/2022: WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY. WE'LL GET AROUND TO PROCESSING IT SOON
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Anyone else having this issue? I sent off some comics to get pressed and graded in May of 2021. CGC acknowledges that they received my submission on June 3, 2021. I've called a number of times through the last few months and each time received the same retort "WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY. WE'LL GET AROUND TO PROCESSING IT SOON". 

Well, I just called today (officially 7 months and 3 days since they received my submission and I GOT THE EXACT SAME RETORT!!! The comics haven't even been PRESSED YET! Is this not outrageous? Is there anything I can do to light a fire under someone's REAR END and wake them up??? Jiminy Christmas guys!

On 1/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, jgrives22 said:

Anyone else having this issue? I sent off some comics to get pressed and graded in May of 2021. CGC acknowledges that they received my submission on June 3, 2021. I've called a number of times through the last few months and each time received the same retort "WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY. WE'LL GET AROUND TO PROCESSING IT SOON". 

Well, I just called today (officially 7 months and 3 days since they received my submission and I GOT THE EXACT SAME RETORT!!! The comics haven't even been PRESSED YET! Is this not outrageous? Is there anything I can do to light a fire under someone's REAR END and wake them up??? Jiminy Christmas guys!

People talk a lot about slow CGC turnaround times, but CCS has been really far behind. I have a shipment with a 5/24 received date that finally moved to "CCS in Process" about a week ago (and, no, that doesn't literally mean that it's in process). There's really not much to do. Demand vastly exceeded their processing capacity, and that's just sort of where things are. To be fair to CCS, though, third party pressers (well, competent third party pressers) aren't doing a whole lot better. Joey is a force of nature, and CFP outright shut down new submissions for a month, but they're still only now processing books received in early June.

You can't blame the OP regarding the TAT.  Probably at the time he submitted, the published TATs were fairly reasonable.  So that sets your expectation (fooled again).  Like many of us, he just got "stuck in the mud".

TATs are in the rear view, not forward-looking.  CGC is looking at how long the duration WAS for items leaving their facility, and uses that as the current estimate. 

I submitted when the published TAT was under 40 days, which compared to today is ultra fast.  At that time, there were fewer submissions arriving as Covid took hold (no show submissions).  After that lull, it kept getting higher and higher. 

Actual grading time was closer to the current publication of 149 days.  As they say, it's just an "estimate", subject to change.  I watched as the estimated TAT got further and further away even though time was going by, staying out of reach.

Just before they raised prices the first time, they got slammed for pressing and grading, people trying to beat the price increase.  Took them months just to open the boxes, sometimes 3 months or more.  The TAT begins when the boxes are opened, so the months sitting in the warehouse are just added on top.

To make matters worse, CGC started offering a flood of in-house signings with accelerated TATs, because there were no comic shows.  Those submissions jumped the line, pushing everyone else back at a time when the line was already stretching out the door and around the corner.  Dumbest move ever.

So here we are in the new reality.  Hunker down, folks.  It's a long ride with CGC at the wheel.

@Lightning55 you hit the nail on the head. A culmination of parts that set basic submissions further and further back with new events they added. I'm at 6 months and waiting. My was submitted in May, they received it (tracked and signed) on the 10th of May yet it shows recorded as received to be graded on July 12. And as of today still waiting in the queue. So about 6 months from their record, 8 months when they actually received it. And I still have credit to use on future graded with them :wavingwhiteflag::baiting::cry:

Today I am on day 269 for a submission, and I understand the estimated wait time can be off the mark, during these times, but should I expect NO communication when sending a request for an update to CGC? I would feel better if they even acknowledged my requests for an update, and feel confident that they simply were not lost.