• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC restricted and then blocked my account on Instagram.
6 6

62 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2022 at 11:42 PM, Red84 said:

It wasn't an incident. OP is the one who looks bad, not CGC. :gossip:

a valued opinion.

To be clear: I do not consider my comment on their IG post to be "trolling". As a customer it is within my right to demand standards from a company that I advocate for and use. Given the current circumstances my comments are completely warranted.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:44 PM, VintageComics said:

CGC has been curating the discussion on their own forum for many years now, cancelling any form of reference to competitors. 

That's why when you see the word Voldemart, it's code for a competitor. 

I realize you weren't referencing a competitor but the parallel is similar in that CGC only allows what they want to be said on this forum and out there. 

Personally, I think it's a shortsighted form of censorship that makes them look bad. If you're the big dog, you don't need to force everyone to agree you're the big dog. Everyone already knows it.

Forcing the narrative makes you look insecure. 

It's a shame, and your comment is 100% spot on. They're raising prices, increasing signings but quality control is suffering.

Thank you. This is a better way of articulating my frustrations.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:44 PM, VintageComics said:

They're raising prices, increasing signings but quality control is suffering.

Individually, they're bad, but not overly. When they're all happening at the same time, it's very bad. I freely admit to being ignorant in the ways of running a business, but this seems doesn't seem right.

I guess I stand of opinion that:

I agree, voicing an opinion is important, and you have that right. 

They have the right to filter their own house. 

For instance, you may come to my home, and call me names, to which you might be accurate in expressing, but I have the right to ask you to leave. 

On 1/7/2022 at 10:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

CGC receives harsher criticism on their own forums. The company lacks a cohesive hivemind and/or has cognitive dissonance.

This is most likely true, but Instagram exposure is specifically designed for open public, and should be moderated differently. 

On 1/7/2022 at 11:44 PM, D2 said:

This is most likely true, but Instagram exposure is specifically designed for open public, and should be moderated differently. 

Yeah it's not like the special VIP Forum here. 

I can only process 100 widgets a month.

I keep getting orders in for 500+ a month.

I raise the price, per basic economics and...

My 'fill' times keep getting worse.

But... I keep getting orders in for 500+ a month.

I raise the price again, per basic economics and...

I'm now getting orders for 600+ a month.

Customers complain and complain... they seem very unhappy about it, but...

I keep getting in orders for 600 a month.

On top of all of this, I have 'special' opportunities that bring in even more money.

Customers complain but...

I keep getting in orders for 600+ a month...

These aren't just widgets though... these are specialized widgets where there is a certain level of skill involved in processing them.

If I expand... odds are the quality goes down.... THAT is what could really cause a problem with this business model...

Do you want quality?

Or do you just want product?

The best way is to just not use their service . I am NOT going to wait a year for my books. I am NOT going to pay more for a product that doesnt provide adequate quality. PERIOD! 

With that I will be expecting that this thread will be scrubbed as well.

Have a great day everyone. 😉

On 4/15/2022 at 8:31 AM, oakman29 said:

The best way is to just not use their service . I am NOT going to wait a year for my books. I am NOT going to pay more for a product that doesnt provide adequate quality. PERIOD! 

With that I will be expecting that this thread will be scrubbed as well.

Have a great day everyone. 😉

Stewie'S Sexy Party GIF - Par - Discover & Share GIFs

On 4/15/2022 at 4:52 AM, Prince Namor said:

I can only process 100 widgets a month.

I raise the price, per basic economics and...

My 'fill' times keep getting worse.

But... I keep getting orders in for 500+ a month.

I raise the price again, per basic economics and...

I'm now getting orders for 600+ a month.

Customers complain and complain... they seem very unhappy about it, but...

I keep getting in orders for 600 a month.

On top of all of this, I have 'special' opportunities that bring in even more money.

Customers complain but...

I keep getting in orders for 600+ a month...

These aren't just widgets though... these are specialized widgets where there is a certain level of skill involved in processing them.

If I expand... odds are the quality goes down.... THAT is what could really cause a problem with this business model...

Do you want quality?

Or do you just want product?

I want both.

The truth is the demand for this product is much, much greater than the capacity to provide it.

EVERYONE wants the best quality and the quickest turn around times. BUT...

The truth is the demand for this product is much, much greater than the capacity to provide it.

Remember when everyone thought, "If CGC had quality competition, they'd have to cater more to the customer and get better TAT's and, and..."

NOPE.

Because regardless of what anyone wants to believe, Voldemort IS quality competition and even THEY are over booked. 

Why?

This started BEFORE the co-vid crisis, but was probably amplified by the sharp jump in prices on comics during the pandemic that led even more people to want to jump in and 'start slabbing'. 

None of this is justification for it. None of this is acceptance. It just is what it is. I haven't used CGC in a few years now, and while this is going on, probably won't. 

It'll make no difference to them at all. 

And unless they choose to expand... which costs money.... and is not something new owners generally tend to like to do.... 

It's going to remain this way.

On 1/7/2022 at 5:57 AM, D2 said:

Lol be that as it may..

new customers vs existing customers

Are you saying that as existing customers as people who post here vs. new customers who are on Instagram? I'm sure there are plenty of people who post here could very well be new customers.  I understand that CGC is inundated with submissions,  but this is not a new thing, not a covid  thing. This has been going on for years. They should have made adjustments a long time ago to provide better customer service,  and quality of service. There's really no excuse.

On 4/15/2022 at 2:25 PM, oakman29 said:

Are you saying that as existing customers as people who post here vs. new customers who are on Instagram? I'm sure there are plenty of people who post here could very well be new customers.  I understand that CGC is inundated with submissions,  but this is not a new thing, not a covid  thing. This has been going on for years. They should have made adjustments a long time ago to provide better customer service,  and quality of service. There's really no excuse.

I am saying that Instagram is a different platform than a message post forum.

I am saying that the two platforms are designed entirely differently, geared entirely differently, and have entirely different forms, methods, approaches, and necessities.

Therefore, the two platforms should be governed differently.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:25 AM, oakman29 said:

100%