• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are older submissions getting graded yet?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I submitted some books for a James Tynion and Jenny Frison signing last year.

They were witnessed in person by CGC and taken to the headquarters personally for grading. 

The shop that handled the signing says they show in possession of CGC since July and yet nothing had happened with them yet. The shop has even had recent submissions from November and early December already returned.

Trying to find out if the older stuff is just gonna be handled whenever or if there's an actual approach to how they're dealing with new and old submissions cause so far it seems the newer stuff is priority. 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. The turnaround time will depend on the tier and services selected for the invoice.  Please provide the submission number or order number and we can check the status for you.  

Thank you!

On 1/10/2022 at 8:02 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. The turnaround time will depend on the tier and services selected for the invoice.  Please provide the submission number or order number and we can check the status for you.  

Thank you!

I can't, I submitted through a store signing in April 2021 that was witnessed and taken to CGC directly and have sat ever since then. The store has even submitted multiple books since then and already gotten those returned.

It's disheartening to see people get passed over by shops jumping line and people simply paying more to bump others out of the way for some people who have been waiting a year for a return.

• Administrator

Hello,

All invoices are processed in the order they are received for the tier and service selected.  Dealer orders are not completed any faster than Collector orders.  It all depends on what services were selected.  If you selected both Economy pressing and grading then that book will have a much longer turnaround time than a book that was submitted for a Standard Grading only.  It all depends on what was selected.  If you are unsure of the order number then I would reach out to the dealer you submitted that to and see if they can provide you with that information.  If you wish to email us with the name of the dealer as well as your information, we can try to locate it that way as well.  You can reach us at: submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!

Books weren't pressed and economy wasn't selected.

CGC was present for the signing with James Tynion and then personally took all the books back to CGC and this was 06/2021 by that point. 

The shop has gotten books back it submitted in December via mail already so the "processed in order they are received" can't be true as also evidenced by the countless people in groups who are waiting still on submissions that were sent in before CGC started doing its "new" submission system that has newer orders returning before the older ones.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, Paintkilz said:

Books weren't pressed and economy wasn't selected.

CGC was present for the signing with James Tynion and then personally took all the books back to CGC and this was 06/2021 by that point. 

The shop has gotten books back it submitted in December via mail already so the "processed in order they are received" can't be true as also evidenced by the countless people in groups who are waiting still on submissions that were sent in before CGC started doing its "new" submission system that has newer orders returning before the older ones.

I think at this point it matter less whatever the CGC process is and more "WHERE ARE MY BOOKS", as it seems like its been WAAAAYYYYY TOOOO LOOONNGG.  If you submitted under a dealer, have them ask CGC for an update, as in theory they are also waiting for books from the same signing.  At minimum they should be able to provide you with invoice numbers for you to ask CGC.

The questions and answers about "what is graded first and why" are reasonable, but unless you have complete info about what was ordered and when, there may be dedicated 'stove tops' (for lack of a better term) for different tiers of submissions.  And if you're talking about 'express' or 'walkthrough' submitted in december vs modern sig series from July, they may not be easily comparable.  You're essentially asking "How come that table got their hummus appetizer before we got our mains, they came in after us?"  When the question should really be "Can you please check on our my steak and my wife's shrimp pasta, its been 2.5 hrs?"