• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Collection Was Stolen (Los Angeles)
2 2

98 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2022 at 10:58 PM, The Meta said:

Kiss my moose

FB_IMG_1638330579614.jpg

You have no idea where @lizards2 lives. 

He probably has one of those tied to his mail box at the end of his driveway to greet the mailman every morning. 

On 1/12/2022 at 9:06 PM, VintageComics said:

He probably has one of those tied to his mail box at the end of his driveway to greet the mailman every morning. 

I'm sure if he wanted me to know, he'd tell me

8tvMIlq.gif

On 1/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, VintageComics said:

Free America.

But, I happen to have a Femailman. She's the bestest moose wrassler there ever was. :sumo:

On 1/12/2022 at 9:39 PM, VintageComics said:

The first time I ever stepped foot on Sunset Blvd was on a Friday night, NYE weekend many years ago.

I was walking down the street, eyes wide open and just taking in the vibe. It was like everything I'd ever read in those 80's rock magazines. lol

As I walked up toward La Cienega and Sunset, I saw a black Bentley come around the corner onto Sunset heading East, at full throttle. Now, I grew up in the auto industry and those suckers are FAST! The Bentley went around traffic (very common on a Friday night on Sunset during normal times) and took the middle lane, heading into the East like a scalded cat.

Not a few seconds later, there is a cop car chasing the Bentley in hot pursuit. Lights blaring, sirens screaming. He was having trouble keeping up with the Bentley. :whatthe:

That was my 1st intro to West Hollywood. 

I never understood this song until living in L.A.

Sorry for your lose …I’m in Orange County when I go to the lcs I’ll mention it.  Also his store was broken into on thanksgiving day so a lot of stolen books are out there right now.  But as others have said check online etc , but it was your house so they may just sell the easy stuff then hold what they don’t know. 

On 1/12/2022 at 2:26 PM, sckao said:

Visit California

California has over 39 million people and would be the fifth largest economy in the world if it were a country. 

If you'd like to learn more about it, visit the link. 

Just don’t visit here. It is a wild and lawless town. With the earthquakes, gunshots, smog and traffic it is a God forsaken place. :roflmao:

On 1/13/2022 at 12:23 PM, Robot Man said:

Just don’t visit here. It is a wild and lawless town. With the earthquakes, gunshots, smog and traffic it is a God forsaken place. :roflmao:

To be fair, it's one of my favorite places in the US for many reasons including the weather, music scene and the vibe. It really is.

But like any big city, you just need to be aware as any big city has lots of crazy in it, and probably moreso now than a few years ago. 

But you live in the best climate and area in North America, for sure. LA does genuinely have it all where you can ski, go to the beach or the desert, all within a few hours from each other. 

On 1/13/2022 at 9:33 AM, VintageComics said:

To be fair, it's one of my favorite places in the US for many reasons including the weather, music scene and the vibe. It really is.

But like any big city, you just need to be aware as any big city has lots of crazy in it, and probably moreso now than a few years ago. 

But you live in the best climate and area in North America, for sure. LA does genuinely have it all where you can ski, go to the beach or the desert, all within a few hours from each other. 

And like The Beach Boys said…”The cutest girls in the World”

On 1/13/2022 at 9:33 AM, VintageComics said:

Keep in mind that Los Angeles County has the same population as the entire state of Michigan so you are going to hear about all kinds of crazy, but overall on a per capita basis it's really no more dangerous than the U.S. as a whole, and safer than many other large urban areas. Of course to a Canadian the whole country probably seems a bit dicey. 

I move to Huntington Beach during covid so we can have some more room from our other place in San Diego.

So far not really likely much of OC to downtown LA.

I do like just north of downtown LA.  Nicer areas IMO there.

Don't get me started on SF!  That place is a lost cause currently. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/7/2022 at 6:48 PM, j9v said:

Over the holidays we had a break in at the house and half of my graded comics were stolen. 

All are part of the registry here.  Curious beyond reporting to the police and local comic shops what can be done to prevent the books from being resold? 

I don't believe we were targeted. Thieves broke in and just loaded up on whatever they could carry out.  I'm starting the painful process of checking my remaining comics against the registry to see what's missing. I may post a list of everything that was taken down the road.  It's just going to take a while to make my way through it.

I do want to mention that if anyone gets offered books with a white sticker on the back of the CGC bag they are stolen books. I used this as a means of tracking what I had input into the CGC database.  

Any advice the community can provide is appreciated.  

Be well everyone.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 6.47.08 PM.png

What city of LA do you live at?  Since LA county is huge it will help us SoCal boardies to know where these books could first be sold around.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/13/2022 at 11:49 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

I move to Huntington Beach during covid so we can have some more room from our other place in San Diego.

So far not really likely much of OC to downtown LA.

I do like just north of downtown LA.  Nicer areas IMO there.

Don't get me started on SF!  That place is a lost cause currently. 

Downtown SF and east Oakland, maybe a little dicey but some great areas just a short Bart ride away. 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:59 AM, rjpb said:

Keep in mind that Los Angeles County has the same population as the entire state of Michigan so you are going to hear about all kinds of crazy, but overall on a per capita basis it's really no more dangerous than the U.S. as a whole, and safer than many other large urban areas. Of course to a Canadian the whole country probably seems a bit dicey. 

I lived in Chicago for a couple of years. I played in a blues band and we worked a lot of bars in the south side. So rough the cab drivers stopped working there after 10:00 PM. But I “knew people” and quickly realized that if I didn’t look or act like a victim, I wouldn’t be one. Same thing in LA. Like LA, a very cool town but those winters can be brutal! 

On 1/10/2022 at 8:44 AM, oakman29 said:

Enjoy your comics out in the open, why be afraid. 

Get a couple German Shepherd's, cameras, a 9mm, and live in a nicer area than Los Angeles. 😂

I'm sorry this happened to you , tough having to deal with the feeling of being violated. 

get mtn lion.