• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just renewed for ELITE membership in April 2021
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I was told that was supposed to lock in my individual submission rates at the old price prior to the FIRST price increase, now they increased them another $2 per book again.  How does that affect my ELITE membership going forward?  I feel like I got tricked into signing up to a higher membership tier and got stuck with another price hike.

Seems like a good question to ask cgc customer service

Edited by revat

I also wondered what price I will be charged for books at cgc since before the dawn of time. 6 value tier! They got stuck at joeys after the first deluge hit (my moderns got out alive though) so they have been out of hand for about 8 months now.

more on my mind is what do I do now? I have a few books, maybe a dozen groovy moderns (RiRi!) as well as 10-20 older books, that I would send in but it seems like one submission per membership year is about all they can get done at this rate. My membership also expires in April, so no need to submit now under that membership unless I go standard and even that wouldn't make it more likely than not.

(shrug)

well, I just checked TATs and moderns are down 20 days to 129. w00t fuggin' w00t

On 1/8/2022 at 7:57 PM, Bird said:

I also wondered what price I will be charged for books at cgc since before the dawn of time. 6 value tier! They got stuck at joeys after the first deluge hit (my moderns got out alive though) so they have been out of hand for about 8 months now.

more on my mind is what do I do now? I have a few books, maybe a dozen groovy moderns (RiRi!) as well as 10-20 older books, that I would send in but it seems like one submission per membership year is about all they can get done at this rate. My membership also expires in April, so no need to submit now under that membership unless I go standard and even that wouldn't make it more likely than not.

(shrug)

well, I just checked TATs and moderns are down 20 days to 129. w00t fuggin' w00t

That’s great for the speculators (:

• Administrator
On 1/7/2022 at 11:11 PM, Super Mole Retro said:

I was told that was supposed to lock in my individual submission rates at the old price prior to the FIRST price increase, now they increased them another $2 per book again.  How does that affect my ELITE membership going forward?  I feel like I got tricked into signing up to a higher membership tier and got stuck with another price hike.

Hello

I am going to check into this, and will get back to you.

Mike

• Administrator
On 1/7/2022 at 11:11 PM, Super Mole Retro said:

It is possible you are confusing membership benefits and grading/pressing fees.  If you signed up or renewed your membership prior to April 28, 2021 you will retain the old membership benefits until the expiration date.  This would refer to things like Premium members receiving 10% discount and an Elite member would receive 15% (this changed on 4-28-21)

However, that doesn't mean you didn't have to pay the new pricing fees for grading/pressing.  If you created an order after April 28, 2021, then you would have the new grading/pressing fees on those orders.  That also doesn't mean that you are immune from any new pricing changes either.  We didn't change membership with this last update we just changed some of the pricing for some of the services.  That would apply to everyone regardless of when they signed up for membership.

I hope this helps,

Mike