• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Maximum Carnage full set (parts 1 - 14), all SS 9.8 -- sigs include Ron Lim, Tom Lyle, Alex Saviuk, Scott Hanna, J.M. DeMatteis, and Mark Bagley

2 posts in this topic

Top registry set for sale!

Necessities first:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check / money order / Zelle, though the book will be held until clearance.  Payment generally due within 10 business days.  However, time payments are an option on purchases $750+.  PM me in advance to discuss though.

Shipping (domestic):  Book(s) will be shipped via insured USPS priority mail.  Domestic shipping is included in the listed price.

International Shipping - exact cost, minus the US shipping cost.  Please inquire first for an accurate quote. 

Returns:  No returns on CGC books as you know what you're getting.  For raws, if we wildly disagree on the grade or you spot a flaw that I failed to disclose, we'll use up to the 10 days that follow from receipt of the book to have a dialogue on the matter in order to find a mutually acceptable compromise, including a return.

On the HoS?  Probation list?  Or I simply don't like you (aka on my ignore list)?  Don't bother.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and over 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn.  And I've got a fledgling kudos thread started (link is in my profile page).

First :takeit:posted in the thread wins a book outright (so don't PM it to me, a thread take it wins out regardless of time stamp).

In lieu of individual photos, I'll just give you the link to my registry set where photos are already posted (along with a few relatively clever quips about some of the books): Comics Set Detail (collectors-society.com)

These books will only be sold as a set; I absolutely will not consider breaking them up.  If that means they don't sell, they don't sell.

Maximum Carnage has always been one of my favorite Marvel storylines, and I've had my reader set since darn near forever (relatively speaking).  When I originally got into the Signature Series, I quickly, but slowly, started putting this set together.  It was finally completed a couple years ago when I picked up the SS copy of ASM 380.  And this past year it won best Signature Series set in the annual registry awards :bigsmile:

Why am I considering selling now?  Well, I have a price in mind, and an idea of where I'd reallocate that money to if this set does sell.

One thing to keep in mind here as well -- there are no more opportunities to obtain new signatures from Tom Lyle, who passed away in 2019. 

I'm setting the ask on the set at $3250 shipped.  And that is a firm price; as I mentioned above, I will not be heartbroken if these don't sell.  Remember, you'll be getting the full set in one fell swoop.  No assembly required!

Comments, concerns, cquestions?  Please pm me (thumbsu

Edited by mattn792