• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Premium Membership Basically "first year free" type deal
2 2

26 posts in this topic

Trying to get this right and you'll let me know how off I am, but with since the credit you get for going premium is equivalent to the yearly membership fee, is it basically getting your first year for free if you spend the credit within the alloted time?  I am assuming you can't then unsuscribe within a year's time and then go for that same membership again right? 

On 1/9/2022 at 9:40 AM, Bird said:

no "first" year...each year is its own membership

don't think of the credit as a credit for the time frame, it is a credit for grading (and to induce more grading)

-Bird, who can't stay out of anything

So you get 150$ in credit each year that you subscribe for that tier?

On 1/9/2022 at 4:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

For the $149 membership fee, you get $150 worth of credit with CGC.  This is only good for CGC grading.  You can't unsubscribe, and subscribe again within that 1 year period.  

Mike

Can I use the $150 for a signature track?

On 1/9/2022 at 6:14 PM, William-James88 said:

Didn't they write above that you get a new $150 credit whenever you renew? So you get it more than once.

@CGC Mike I am currently in my first year of premium membership. My renewal is in April. Will I get other $150 credit?  I was told no.

• Administrator
On 1/9/2022 at 2:35 PM, brweinst said:

Can I use the $150 for a signature track?

CGC grading credits can only be applied to CGC grading fees, not shipping, handling, CCS services or any other service.

• Administrator
On 1/9/2022 at 7:39 PM, JollyComics said:

@CGC Mike I am currently in my first year of premium membership. My renewal is in April. Will I get other $150 credit?  I was told no.

According to this you would but, I will check to see if this is going to change.  

Premium
$149
Full Access to Online Resources 
Full Submission Privileges 
Free Grader Notes for Comics When Available 
10% Off at the CCG Store 
$150 Credit with CGC

• Administrator
On 1/9/2022 at 7:39 PM, JollyComics said:

Any unused credit does not carry over to the next year.  But you do receive a new $150 if you renew at the Premium or Elite levels.