• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Detective Comics #236 (1956)
3 3

27 posts in this topic

I picked up this book last year and would like to get some additional thoughts as to it's grade. There are some light crease on the front cover. The back cover has some oxidation along the edges and. The pages are off-white.  Thanks in advance for your opinions.  I will share the sellers grade once there are several replies.

tec_226_frnt.jpg

tec_236_bck.jpg

tec_226_frntA.jpg

tec_226_frntB.jpg

tec_236_bckB.jpg

tec_236_bckA.jpg

On 1/9/2022 at 6:48 PM, frozentundraguy said:

The seller had it listed as a 5.0.

That's a plus. Sellers should grade conservatively when listing books unless they have certification. Or don't grade it - let detailed pics inform the buyer.

With the caveat that I’m viewing on my phone, I’d agree with 5.0. The eye appeal is nice, but quite a number of gentle creases + the top staple area looks worn.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:19 PM, frozentundraguy said:

It's a wonder you can squeeze by that monitor to go out and seek books.  :wishluck:

It’s true! Not easy. I used to have to squeeze past my massive monitor to get my packages at the front door every day. But I’ve been trying out a new collecting style this winter: I win Heritage auctions each week and send them money, and they send back nothing. So it’s been less of a problem. (shrug)