• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Easy and cheap way to hang your graded comic book
2 2

55 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2022 at 3:25 PM, joeypost said:

This makes more sense than hanging a book worth as much as a house on a wall. Too many variables that could lead to the book being damaged or worse. 

If you want to display something, display a picture of the book instead of the real thing. 

then you are not displaying anything

On 1/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, Wolverinex said:

Do comics really fade if they are not in direct sunlight?

The short answer is any contact with light will degrade paper. All depends how much and how long. You can hang a book on a wall for a year or longer with little color fade if you take all the necessary precautions, but if I leave a book out in the Florida Sun for a day it gets pretty messed up.

My philosophy is that a book will last longer if stored properly. A wall is not considered proper storage. You want to display something, go buy prints. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:35 AM, buttock said:

There seems to be a rash of people who think this forum is designed to advertise their youtube channel. 

Agreed. If I wanted to watch YouTube, that’s where I would be in the first place. 

It's a new way of communicating. The merging of the new with the old. The sign of the times.

A message board thread where some of the responses are in video format. (shrug)

We used to link to pre-made Animated GIFS and response videos.... but now we have sites where we can put our custom messages on top of the GIF or video.

Not with this particular video in mind... but a video showing how to put together a long box would have been much more helpful than a diagram that looked like it was from IKEA many years ago.  :kidaround:

On 1/11/2022 at 11:20 AM, joeypost said:

The short answer is any contact with light will degrade paper. All depends how much and how long. You can hang a book on a wall for a year or longer with little color fade if you take all the necessary precautions, but if I leave a book out in the Florida Sun for a day it gets pretty messed up.

My philosophy is that a book will last longer if stored properly. A wall is not considered proper storage. You want to display something, go buy prints. 

Interesting.  I rotate books out often so not a big issue.  Most of mine are in boxes.  

Would these uv glass things help at all? 

https://www.amazon.com/Crafti-Comics-UV-FLEX-Display-UV-Protected/dp/B09BCK35R7