• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How would you sell these Schrödinger sealed comic multipacks?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

While I fully expect some jokes thanks to my subject line, I also hope you guys help me out because my last sale did not go well. I wanted to have some sealed comic multipacks in my collection but the only thing I found (at the time) was a lot of 5 sealed multipacks. Now I didn't need 5 but I figured I would buy it, keep 2 and sell 3, get back some of my cost so I end up paying the going rate of 100-125 a pack. 

The multipacks I got are all this same one with 3 1973 comics: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=53377333

It includes Shazam 6, Korak Son of Tarzan 54 and the Shadow 1. Shadow 1 is the best thing in this pack and what drive up the price of the pack and it happens to be shielded between the 2 comics by being in the middle. So far, selling these has not been easy. I sent 3 to Mycomicshop and they filed them under a multipack set which I doubt anyone would ever find (it's that link above). Also, they graded the pack as a single entity which while I understand I fear others won't. The comics inside are in amazing shape and have been preserved for 50 years. Heritage (who I bought it from originally) gave the estimate of 9.2 or higher since they looked great but there was no way of knowing the exact condition (fair). Mycomicshop also notes that what's inside the pack is in excellent condition, but they then grade the pack itself which is obviously in disgusting shape, since this was super cheap plastic that's been around for 50 years. So it's in a hard to find place on the site and graded as a 6.5, which is an arbitrary grade since that's not the grade of the comics. I put one up for auction on their site and that 6.5 must have been all that was seen since it sold for just $36. 

So yeah, that did not work out. I am now wondering what I should do with the remaining packs. Since the Shadow is the best comic in there, I feel like asking them to open the pack and send the shadow 1s for pressing and grading. What do you think? How would you sell this pack?