• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: Scooby Doo 1
2 2

23 posts in this topic

The CF is detached at the top staple, otherwise everything is as you see it here.

I've owned a couple of these thru the years and they were always in much worse shape than this one.  These are so tough to find in grade.

A press will make this look a lot nicer I think.

IMG_9167.jpeg

IMG_9168.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

On 4/6/2022 at 2:59 PM, gadzukes said:

Coming back as a 4.5.  That's the good news.

The grader's notes say "CF is detached".  Hmmmm..... when I sent it in the cf was only detached at the top staple.

Did CCS press it? Think that might've popped the rest of the centerfold?

On 4/6/2022 at 8:34 PM, gadzukes said:

CCS did not press this one.  I had it before it was sent in.  CF was attached at the bottom.

Does CGC notate detached at top/bottom staple  if it is only one spot? Or do they just state detached even if it is still partially attached? Just asking as maybe detached is their go to wording regardless of whether it is full or partial detachment.

Or maybe they messed up...or maybe it got popped during shipping. Or maybe it was popped and you missed? I know I have looked at a book before and the staples were there but when lifted the page they were not holding anything...despite looking clearly attached (plus the page was wedged in well and gave the illusion it was in place. 

On 4/7/2022 at 7:42 AM, joeypost said:

To detach a centerfold via a pressing, you would have to be a cross between a gorilla and an elephant. 

Would be pretty cool though.

_sN_5t7bT7ah_8ZhI-yR1XduVo_fEY2724-dLOA97iA.jpg